Home Forums Scrap Chat Product Reviews Silhouette Cameo

This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So, I think I have decided to get rid of my Cricut, carts, and accessories, and use the money to buy a Silhouette Cameo. Here is what I want to know:
      Can I cut basic circles like rings? I use my Cricut for this all of the time. I just want to make sure that this is easy to do or even possible before I make up my mind.
      And, tell me what you love about it otherwise! 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I haven't tried this but you can do your own designs for the Silhouette. As far as circles go there so many decorative circles and doilies that i think would would happy. These can all be resized to suit your design. The design are only .99 ea so you only buy what you like
        I am so glad I got the Cameo it suits my scrappy style much better that the Circut ever did

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Rae, here's a link to the cup that I ordered from Shelly. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=345912932157455&set=a.273611972720885.66876.266382096777206&type=1&theater
          If it can cut those bubbles so perfectly, I'm sure that larger circles should be no problem!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I've been looking, and I think the rings are possible. Dh even said I could get one, but I want to wait and sell my Cricut stuff.

Snagg1
              Send PM

You can do anything on the Cameo, I am so glad I got rid of my Cricut. The Cameo was a great investment, I hope you enjoy it Rae.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

My Cameo will be here on Friday! I'm so excited. I through all my Cricut crap on Craig's List. There are a handful of people trying to sell theirs in my area, but I have the best deal. Wish me luck on getting it sold! I will put it on eBay if I don't get any bites this weekend. I am sorting through a bunch of my stuff, and I am making five boxes of coordinating stuff to put on eBay too. (so tired of having so much stuff that I will never use!)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Good luck on selling your cricut. Can't wait to hear about your Cameo.

Lucky Lucky Girl. I have the SD and love it..and I was supposed to order the cameo friday for my birthday but hubby had a wreck on the way home from the patriots game in Tennessee…so now …the insurance gets 500 and I get nothing..nada..no cameo…

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Sorry to hear that, Barb. At least he's okay?

I have been saving up for the Cameo for a little while now. I have an amazon credit card, and I throw everything on there and pay it off immediately because you get points to spend. I actually had A LOT of points, so I used them, and I got the big Cameo bundle for about $200, free two-day shipping because I have amazon prime. I really feel like I got a deal!

Can't wait to see what you do with your Cameo, Rae! Hope you love it!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh, Barbara, that's horrible!!!!! I hope that your husband is okay, that's the important thing!!!!!

Rae, all appendages are crossed that you sell your Cricut quickly!!!!!! Enjoy your new toy when it comes in!!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Barb, Hope hubby is alright.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Rae, that is an AWESOME deal!!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Sorry to hear about your hubby, I hope he is alright!

Sorry to hear that, Barb. At least he's okay?

I have been saving up for the Cameo for a little while now. I have an amazon credit card, and I throw everything on there and pay it off immediately because you get points to spend. I actually had A LOT of points, so I used them, and I got the big Cameo bundle for about $200, free two-day shipping because I have amazon prime. I really feel like I got a deal!

I got mine also Rae! Hubby put it on our Amazon card and even paid 8.99 for Saturday delivery. Let me tell you girls this thing is the bomb! I had the old one and always had trouble cutting intricate designs..not with this! It cuts the most intricate with ease! Gorgeous borders!
                            Rae, if you want a subscription to the Silhouette use the code … summer…you get 20% off..which for the one I got…150 for 19.99…it is now only 16 a month!

oh..yes hubby is good..though our car is not..the other guys insurance is taking forever. We have decided to use our collison and then let the insurance company try and get the money from the other guy…so hopefully we will at least have a rental by Monday :o)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.