Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Sizzex, cuttlebug ect

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Ok, I'm a novice at these things – so don't hurt me. I don't have any of these things, and I'm trying to figure out what is the big deal on these items? Whats good, bad and what do you use them for?

It's not a bad question. I have the same question. I am flip flopping between the 2

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

(I promise not to hurt you, LOL)
        The machines that you're asking about are basically pressure machines. You make a sandwich with plates, you paper and dies or embossing folders. You then run your sandwich through the machine to cut and/or emboss your paper.

The good:
        The embossing results are awesome; you can't get such good (and fast) results by hand.
        It's quick. Nothing to program, just make your sandwich and run it through. I can die-cut 3 -4 sheets of paper at a time, btw.
        The designs are awesome. Go to the various online stores as well as the individual manufacturer's sites and take a look.

The bad:
        It can be pretty costly. Remember, you have to buy each die and embossing folder separately, and this can run into serious $$$.
        WYSIWIG. There is obviously no way to adjust the size of your image. The one exception (sort of) is with the Nestabilities dies. These are sold in size increments… http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/

I own an Epic as well as a Cricut (long story :p )and use them both, each for their unique capabilities…

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I also own an Epic Six and I love mine!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I have yet to get the Epic 6…..It's still on my wish list tho…slowly making it's way to the top.

With the Epic Six, can you interchange dies? Sizzex,cuttlebug, Spellbinders?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Yes you can use all sorts of dies with it. You just have to create the sandwhich for certain ones.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
              Send PM

I'm lucky in that the second year I started scrapping I went to my first convention and won a Big Shot….Love it!!!!!! My sister in law has the little cuttlebug and uses it all the time. 3 years ago this Christmas, my son bought me a Cricuit for Christmas. I really like it but I really use my Big Shot more.

I wouldn't want to be without either one of them!

love my E6 and my Cricut Expression. They both have their advantages.

I have a cuttlebug and a Silhouette. The silhouette is the digitial die cutter and uses a computer to download the images. The cuttlebug is easy and I have certain dies I use all the time like flowers and alphas. I have never had a problem using any diecut in it. Sizzix and Tim Holtz fit it fine.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I have a Cricut. Never heard of an Epic 6. Think I'm gonna have to google that. Love my Cricut Expression!

I have the original dinosaur Sizzix, The Cuttlebug (which takes all manufacturers dies) and the Cricut Expression…Love all 3 .

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I also have an Expression and an Accucut

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

OK, This may be a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway…I have a ton of old metal embossing plates that I never use anymore. I just got a Sizzix Big Shot Pro die cutting machine. Does anyone know if you can run metal embossing plates through that thing?

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I never tried it. Hmmmmm……. The embossing folders that I have are just that, folders with an emboss and a deboss stencil on either side…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.