Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff So My 8 Yr Old Son Has Mono

This topic contains 49 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Not sure if any of you have ever had this, but I did when I was a teen. It is a really shitty (Pardon my french) virus that can render you so effing tired, soar throat, fever, aches and pains and these symptoms can last 2-4 weeks, but you feel tired for weeks to months. Now the actual virus can be contagious up to 18 months!!! Oh and here is the best part, once you get it you always have it, so the virus might pop up from time to time and infect someone else, however, he probably won't have symptoms.

So we ae't sure where he got it from because he could have been infected 2 months ago and is just now seeing symptoms. He could have even got it from me, because I carry the virus!

So now that he has it, my three year old might have been infected because she gives him kisses. I am thinking my older girls won't because they don't give him kisses, but they may have shared drinks so who knows what the heck is going to happen here in the next few weeks!! I'm so bummed!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awww, Mandy that SUCKS!!!!!! So far none of my kid's have had that. I've never had it either. However, my brother had it years back, shorty after my Mom died. I had to take him in to find out what was wrong w/him. It was horrible:(

Hope your little guy is feeling better soon!! xo

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Awww Mandy!! Sorry to hear about your little guy…that's just terrible!!! Hopefully Brooky won't get it.
        I've heard of mono, but we've never had it. I had no idea hat it stays with you forever…yikes.

Keeping your family in my prayers (((HUGS))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks ladies!!

That sux!! I'm so sorry to hear it..poor guy. I had a sister in law who got it..it was awful for her. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. Sounds like you've got alot on your plate as far as worrying about the others..but try to hang in there!! (((((HUGS))))

Snagg1
            Send PM

oh Mandy! How awful. I'm so sorry sweetie. WTH~ there's probably no way at this point that you can even protect everyone else. Are you going to have to have the talk with him? LOL I'm sorry, I'm just trying to put a smile on your face. I wish I lived closer so I could help.

🙁

That is no good at all.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

His fever hit 103.9 so at the ER they gave him a shot of penicillin. So far the fever hasn't retued.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh and Lisa… Thanks for the smile 🙂

Gabbie had mono last year…Took her 4 months to get over it.. I sure hope he recovers quickly and feels better soon!!!

I got it in college. It was bad. Poor little guy. I hope he doesn't end up sharing it!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

It's so weird that he got it. It must have been a total fluke thing

I was under the impression that little kids weren't affected so drastically with mono??? Guess that's wrong! My dd had it in junior high. I thought she just wanted to stay home from school….but she had such a bad case it affected her spleen. She had to go half-time to school the spring semester of 8th grade. She'd got to moing classes one day, and afteoon classes the next. She's 28 and still has recurrences…. Hugs to you and him…..rest, rest, rest!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

So sorry to hear this Mandy! Hope the little guy has a mild case of it! I know it can last foeveh!!! My nephew got it a few months ago, but luckily it only lasted for about 3 weeks. Take care sweetie!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Awww Mandy so sorry to hear that your little one is sick!!! Give the little tyke lots of hugs and kisses!!! Hope its only mild and he recovers quickly…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.