Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books So what are you reading right now?

This topic contains 285 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)
  • Author

I am finally finishing up the last book in the Left Behind series. I started it years ago but never read the last three or so. I decided I needed to finish so I had to start all over. Whew! It's a long series but definately worth it!

I just bought The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo… looking forward to starting it.

I haven't read any Stephanie Meyers books in a while – that might be next on my 'to read' list.

So….

What's laying on your bedside table?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I read the first three books in that series… I have all the rest but haven't read them because they started getting too slow for me. Do they pick up as you go or get worse?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh and I'm reading Shutter Island for the book club on here

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I am almost finished with Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. I love her style of books.

Nefertiti by Michelle Moran

I read the first three books in that series… I have all the rest but haven't read them because they started getting too slow for me. Do they pick up as you go or get worse?

Yes they do pick up… until the last two. Then it slows back down.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm waiting for Aug, when several of the series I read have new books coming out….

so I'm just rereading….. right now, Susan Andersen who writes romantic suspense…. 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; awesome book, I'll be picking up The Girl Who Played with Fire for a future read.
              I'm currently reading Shutter Island for the book club. I finished the first part in one night and am now eagerly waiting for Tuesday's discussion so I can continue. I was going to cheat, but I didn't want to give away the rest of the book.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm reading Dawn of the Dreadfuls and I'm gonna start reading Shutter Island.

CAn you girls read 2 books at once? I do it often since I love books so much!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I used to all the time; one easy, one a little deeper, all depending on the mood that I was in. Not so much any more, I don't spend as much time reading as I used to.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm reading two books at once right now. Still trying to get through the 1st book of the Circle Trilogy. Shutter Island is flying.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I really don't understand how you can read more than one book at at time….
                      Then again, I read so fast…. it never takes me more than 2 days to read a book…. especially a new one…. and I guess my curiosity sucks me in as much as anything else….. so I CAN'T put it down until I'm done…..

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Meg, do you skip pages :P

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I guess reading more than one book is like being into more than one tv show.

I never read more than one book either. And like Meg it rarely takes me more than 1 or 2 days to read and finish a book. I'm lucky to be able to read really really fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.