This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

[img:width=400&height=267]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1327440505_1015_FT0_img_3294.jpg[/img]

Almost all plain/economical scrapbooking flowers are made from mulberry paper which makes it easy to create these flowers (cheap punched/flat looking ones). I used Green Tara flower layers… they are kinda like Prima E-line or Petaloo color me crazy ones. They look like pretty fancy flowers but all I used was 4 layers of Green Tara plain white petals (2 styles) and a decorative centre. You can use other brands (Prima/Petaloo) but you'll want the flower to be a big size (at least 2 inches/5 cm) with wide petals. This won't work very well with daisy style flowers.

You will need:
    – 4 mulberry flowers (I used 2 that were 2.5-inches and 2 that were 2-inches)
    – a Q-tip
    – warm water
    – firm toothbrush (or wire brush)
    – decorative centre

Instructions:

Step 1: Working with one flower at a time, take a wet Q-tip and paint the only the very edge of each petal with warm water. Do this to the 2 bottom layers and 1 of the top layers.

Step 2: With dry fingers, pull off the wet edge of the petals in 3-4 small tugs of each petal. Let dry without damaging the fuzzy edge you just created. HINT: I left one of the top layers plain (didn't fuzz the edge) to have contrast since my flower is all white.

Step 3: Once the 3 fuzzy layers are dry. Brush them with the firm toothbrush bristles to fuzz them even more. Stroke the bristles from the middle of the flower outwards.

Step 4: Glue your layers together and add the decorative center.

That's it! So simple yet so elegant and expensive looking. Another alteative is using your flower punches/dies to make your own petal layers too. I have larger images posted on my blog of the exact flowers I used at http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com/2012/01/giving-petals-soft-texture-green-tara.html

Snagg1
      Send PM

OMW! I want these!! I loooove the soft fussy edges. Where do you get mulberry paper?

ohhhh these are so Gorgeous!!!!

Lisa this will work with your Petaloo or Prima flowers as long as they are wide petals like the large Hydrangeas. Mulberry paper can be bought from Green Tara if you want to use your punches/dies instead… there must be some USA places too – where do people who make mulberry tear bears get theirs from?

Snagg1
        Send PM

I googled it. Dick Blick sells some. I will have to test this with some of my Petaloo stash! Woo hoo!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

You can also get mulberry paper at www.thebearyscrap.com It's a site where there's pattes and tools, etc for those cute little bear made out of mulberry paper. Prima also sells 6×6 paper packs in some of their lines that are mulberry paper. (I just ordered the Romantique ones.

Can't wait to make these Vicky. They are so soft looking and pretty.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thanks Linda!

These are lovely Vicky!! I have mulberry paper stashed somewhere!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Loooove these!! This place is killing me! Now I need to buy mulberry paper! LOL!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wait a minute, how did you create the petals? Punched? Sorry, but I am lost.

Oh, no! When I click on the bearyscrap link, it takes me no nowhere! I've wanted some mulberry paper for a while now. I think Amazon.com sells it in a roll???
                Beautiful little flowers! Thanks so much for the tut!

You only need to buy mulberry paper if you want to create your own punched flowers… I used plain cheap Green Tara flowers (like Prima E-line or Petaloo color me crazy ones).

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Oh, no! When I click on the bearyscrap link, it takes me no nowhere! I've wanted some mulberry paper for a while now. I think Amazon.com sells it in a roll???
                  Beautiful little flowers! Thanks so much for the tut!

Sorry Debbie. I mustn't have connected the link correctly for this thread, but if you type that address yourself, it should go to the site. They're still up and running because I checked them out this moing.

o m gosh these are beautiful. Got to get some mulberry paper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.