This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I love my Silks and today I was down to almost the end of a jar and it had gotten pretty sticky. I was determined not to waste that last bit so I mixed in some gloss gel medium and then was able to use that last bit through a stencil. If you want the Silks to stay in the liquid form for painting you can mix it with liquid gloss medium. Perhaps you've already figured this out but it was new to me!

Thanks! It's nice of you to share your tip with us.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That's AWESOME! Thanks, for sharing- great tip!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks for the tip Patty! Patty sorry I meant to tell you earlier I love your new Avi!

Thanks for the tip. I was using one the other day that was sticky. You've saved it 🙂

Snagg1
            Send PM

🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Awesome tip! TFS!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks for the tip, Patty!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Good thing to know, I just recently acquired some silks.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Well, I'll be!!!!
                  Patty, thanks a million, a few of mine have started to get to that stage. So glad that I can save (and extend) them.
                  A big, juicy mmmmmmwwwwwaaaahhhhhhh at you!!!!

[img:width=99&height=43]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1392408599_36_FT231905_big_hug.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip.

fabulous tip, thanks!

Would using water work as well, I wonder?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Bonnie, I've tried that and I've found that in order to get the consistency back, the colors and the silkiness is just too diluted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.