Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrap Room ORGANIZATION! Sorting Patterned Paper

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

How do you sort and store your patteed paper? By color? Brand? Line? Project? Now that we've moved home I'm trying to get everything organized to determine what my needs are for my scraproom since we will be buying new fuiture (eventually). Right now I have everything crammed into a Cropper Hopper (yes, just one!), but there's no rhyme or reason to how it's done. I have possibly 100 other sheets in various places; generally they're in bags sorted by the line they belong to or what I bought them for and they all need to get stored, too.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Jackie, this may be the million dollar question! I use labeled Cropper Hoppers as follows:

I sort some by manufacturer
        – Graphic 45
        – Tim Holtz
        – My Mind's Eye
        – 7 Gypsies
        – Glitz
        – Prima
        – Bo Bunny
        – Pink Paislee
        – Webster's Pages
        – Kaisercraft

The rest is sorted by the following categories I use to try and encompass the leftovers…ha!
        – Hodge Podge
        – Whismy
        – Textures & Finishes
        – Neutrals
        – Nature
        – Black & White
        – Shabby Chic
        – Grunge
        – Vintage
        – Retro
        – Plain Pattes
        – Spring
        – Summer
        – Autumn
        – Winter
        – Holiday
        – Animal/Wildlife
        – Vacation/Family/Home
        – All plain cardstock is sorted by color in ROYGBIV

These were just random categories that I used because they seemed to make sense in my head at the time. Hope this helps!

Connie oh Connie, where's the paper Queen?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Amber! Because I don't have much paper I was wondering about something like this http://store.scrapbook.com/ch-ch92650.html. I store my Swirly kits in a rolling 12X12 cart, so I don't plan on adding to my PP stash (I've got myself on a paper buying embargo).

I'm also looking for a good system for storing scraps – I was thinking maybe 2 of these (one for PP, one for CS) – thoughts? http://store.scrapbook.com/ch-chexpo.html

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

That black & white patte is to die for! Love that idea!!!! I also like the expandable file folder. Girl, don't doubt yourself…you didn't need anyone's help…ha!

That black & white patte is to die for! Love that idea!!!! I also like the expandable file folder. Girl, don't doubt yourself…you didn't need anyone's help…ha!

Oh, I love that black/white organizer too! It's awesome! Amber can put you on the right path to organization land. I can actually find stuff now….If I only had time to sit down and scrap!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

OH Wow Amber….. that is SO organized!!!

if you saw my scrappy space, I think you'd run away screaming…… 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I file by color

Organize? Paper? I just toss them all in hoppers (well, old USPS boxes cut like hoppers) and dig! WOOHOOO fun!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Manda, I love your system.

I have a confession. I'm not good organizing by color. I get lost trying to figure out pink or purple? brown or orange? grey or blue? So, my b & w cardstock is pretty much together, the rest is just a jumble.

My pp is organized alphabetically by brand, collection and title. How's that for anal?

All in Cropper Hopper thingies so I can pretty quickly see what I have.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I store my pp alphabetically by brand in these stackable 3 drawer storage units. I have a bunch of them stacked up in the closet in my scraproom (I have a LOT of paper)…

http://www.sterilite.com/productfiles/images/LG1_20738006.jpg

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

OH Wow Amber….. that is SO organized!!!

if you saw my scrappy space, I think you'd run away screaming…… 🙂

I'd never run away screaming, I'm sure I'd get a kick out of it actually 🙂

I organize by color. The trouble is I keep my kits in a separate place so I never see that paper. Card stock is in color in another place.

Amber why do you organize by brand instead of color? I just got some Meg's garden paper to do my little dresser thing. It is so beautiful.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Thanks, ladies! I think I'm going to sort by manufacturer except in the case where I buy papers from different lines for a specific project and them I will keep those all together as though they were a kit. I think if I sorted by color I would never get around to using it because I'd be overwhelmed at the thought of searching around for coordinating paper or not remembering what colors the other papers from the line are.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I organize by color. The trouble is I keep my kits in a separate place so I never see that paper. Card stock is in color in another place.

Amber why do you organize by brand instead of color? I just got some Meg's garden paper to do my little dresser thing. It is so beautiful.

I only sort by certain manufacturers that I tend to hoard or buy the entire paper pack. I love Graphic 45 and Timmy for example, so they definitely need their own Cropper Hopper. I use to sort all patteed paper by color, but as I acquired more and more it was easier to find what I was looking for if I put them into the themed or manufacturer categories. So for example, if I want a floral patteed paper, I just go to my nature Cropper Hopper and dig around. I do sort each Cropper Hopper in ROYGBIV order after it's in subcategories. Yes, I obviously have too much spare time on my hands..ha!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

[quote]

I only sort by certain manufacturers that I tend to hoard or buy the entire paper pack. I love Graphic 45 and Timmy for example, so they definitely need their own Cropper Hopper. I use to sort all patteed paper by color, but as I acquired more and more it was easier to find what I was looking for if I put them into the themed or manufacturer categories. So for example, if I want a floral patteed paper, I just go to my nature Cropper Hopper and dig around. I do sort each Cropper Hopper in ROYGBIV order after it's in subcategories. Yes, I obviously have too much spare time on my hands..ha!

[/quote]
                            You can come to my house and use some oof that extra time organizing here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.