September 2, 2011 at 4:37 pm #3460
A special call for Scrapbook News and Review 🙂
any questions feel free to ask
We want to end the year with a BANG and the best way we know how to do that is to make it all about YOU! This means that a part of the October/November 2011 Double Issue (our largest issue of the year) will be from our readers.
So, if you love to create and you want to share and teach something that is near and dear to your heart, then we want to hear from you!
Are you known for a certain style or can people spot your projects out in a line-up? Do you have a favorite go-to technique or a “quirk” that you just have to do on everything you create? What’s the one thing that people ask you the most, “How did you do that?”
For this very special call, we’re looking for paper crafters of all kinds – paper and digital scrapbookers, card makers, stampers, altered art and mixed media artists and even those who enjoy making home décor, handmade jewelry and gifts!
Click on Read More for the details:
Choose a Style or Technique
1) Style – Share and teach something that is important to what makes your style unique, for example, distressing for Shabby Chic or working on a grid patte for Mode and Graphic.
2) Technique – Share and teach a technique that you knock out of the park and may even be your “signature” technique.
Submit a Tutorial via Our Automatic Submissions Form
1) Tutorial must have at least four steps to be considered.
2) The tutorial must have step-by-step instructions.
3) The tutorial must include photos for each step in the instructions.
1) The deadline is October 1, 2011.
2) The tutorial must be original and cannot be currently posted or found anywhere on the inteet. For example, it cannot be content taken from a previous post on your blog or a design team or challenge blog you may be a part of.
3) The tutorial can be about any subject, topic or theme you desire. It can be based on any existing trend or technique available so long as it is your own work, created by you, and you give proper credit to anyone you may have leaed it from or been inspired from. We do not discourage “scraplifting” as it is a great way for all paper crafters to lea new things and hone their skills, but we strongly encourage everyone to give credit where credit is due. It’s the honorable thing to do.
More details will be available on the automatic submission form.
The automatic submission form will be available as of September 6, 2011, so put your thinking caps on and get creating. We can’t wait to see your amazing artwork and showcase it in the October/November issue!
If you have any questions before the form is posted, please feel free to e-mail us at
anytime. Thanks and have an amazing weekend!
P.S. Nervous about writing a tutorial for a magazine? It’s completely understandable but don’t worry about it. That’s what editors are for. Just do your very best and if your project is chosen for publication, we’ll walk you through it and make you look fabulous!September 2, 2011 at 11:57 pm #134619September 2, 2011 at 11:58 pm #134620September 4, 2011 at 11:33 am #134621
I wonder if i have any tutorials that I could submit…
I'm sure you do….and it'll be an awesome one as alwaysSeptember 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm #134622
Well,I don't really have any special techniques to share, but I'd love to see other people share. I really need to subscribe!September 4, 2011 at 4:24 pm #134623
Rae, why not submit some of your work? They give you a free month for every layout that they publish.September 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm #134624
Lisa, pleeeeeeease submit some of your faves. It's not just the embellies that you fashion, but the wonderful way you have of doing the how to.September 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm #134625
Wow. That's cool. I subscribed this moing, and I like it! I have never tried to get any of my stuff published, maybe I'll try out sometime.September 4, 2011 at 10:50 pm #134626
Wow. That's cool. I subscribed this moing, and I like it! I have never tried to get any of my stuff published, maybe I'll try out sometime.
Oh Rae–your work is beautiful TRY IT!
there are so many Swirly Sisters published each month–it's awesome.September 5, 2011 at 2:18 pm #134627September 5, 2011 at 4:41 pm #134628
Wow. That's cool. I subscribed this moing, and I like it! I have never tried to get any of my stuff published, maybe I'll try out sometime.DO IT!!!!September 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm #134629
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.