Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 01/13/14 Pictures

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Do you print your photos at home or do you send them somewhere to print? How often do you use black and white photos on your layouts? Do you ever mix black and white and color photos?

I always print at home, unless it's something huge, like a wedding album or a baby book and those I send to my local Walgreens. I like the fact that I can plan my layout design and then decide on the size of the photo (s) right then and there.
    I love how B&W photos look but don't use them very often. Not sure why. Also, I don't think that I've mixed B&W and color photos before. Maybe I'll do that soon and see how it tus out! 🙂

I print all my photos at home now. I live 3 hours away from the nearest Walmart photo lab and I got tired of saving up what I wanted printed only to find out their machine wasn't working after making the trip clear down there. Plus, the photos would always have a blue tint to them and one time I got an entirely wrong order. DH let me pick out the HP all-in-one for our home office and I got one that prints awesome photos! I love having the freedom to print the size I want, change to black & white, antique, or sepia right away and be able to put a photo on my LO right away. I figure it isn't costing me any more than the gas to get to a photo printing machine was costing me.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I print 99% of mine at home. If I am going to a crop and there is a Walgreens close by, then I will print a few there.

I use B&W pics often. I love the look of them. I have mixed color and B&W before. I like the look of it.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use to send mine to Snapfish or Shutterfly so DH would have hard copies; lately not so much. I have used B&W and color together but not very often. I don't use B&W as often as I should.

Snagg1
          Send PM

I send mine to Walmart-it's only 10 minutes away and they all know me by sight now !lol
          I have a Canon printer but to me.I don't like the quality of the pics that I can get from a store.
          If the colors are hard to scrap,i will go to B and W-but i haven't tried mixing them either..that's a great idea!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Always print at home…Love the technology that lets us do that…So fun!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I print mine at home. I use a lot of B&W photos…they match with everything!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

For the most part I tend to print in batches at Walgreens when they have a good sale. I have a good HP printer at home that I can use to print photos as I need them, but I only use it for special projects. I do a lot of multi-photo pages, especially when doing an album for my MIL, so it's cheaper to simply print @ Walgreens most of the time. The majority of my pages are more along the lines of a standard SB page rather than a swirly-fied one, simply because I want to get all those memories scrapped and joualed!

I've not really gotten into b&w photos yet; maybe something I'll explore in the future.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I print my pics at home but I have used Snapfish in the past. I rarely use b&w mainly because I don't think of doing it. I don't think I've ever used both color and b&w together. I should try both these things.

I've been printing more at Walgreen's lately. My old HP printer sucks up ink like crazy. It's $50 to replace the cartridges. I have only used B&W once–I need to do it more often.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Home. I've used the mail services when there have been specials, but I like tweaking the images and sizes, so I'd rather print them out.
                  As to color/b&w, it depends on the picture and the pp, I guess. I plan to use a few of my old b&w family photos with this kit and there a couple of photos of the grandkids that I'll be doing in color.
                  (I buy cheap printer ink @ Amazon, so the $$$ isn't so much of an issue.)

Mostly at home, because I can customize the size. I occasionally print at my local Walgreens if I have a whole bunch to do. I have doe. B&W but not very often and I can't remember if I have ever combined color with them. Should give that a try for sure.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I print all my photos at home, like everyone else I like to be able to resize for what my layout will be like. I do use B&W, usually when the colors in the photo don't really go with my papers I'll just print them in B&W.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I use Costco a lot for prints/enlargements. They have really good quality and low prices. I found to print them at home takes too much ink and isn't cost effective. Also, use Shutterfly when they have specials.
                      I love using B&W photos especially when the colors in the photo don't blend with the papers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.