Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 1-2-12 What would you do if you couldn't scrap?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

AS most of you know, I have not been scrapping for over a month because I have to care for my mom, soon my mom AND dad, and only get home about once a week. What would you do if you could NOT scrap for an undetermined amount of time? How would you fill your time? How stir crazy would you get? It's beginning to get to me And since I haven't scrapped for a while not, and really don't know when I will get back to it, I am wondering if it is possible to lose interest??? Do you think you would lose interest if you couldn't get your daily fix????

Snagg1
        Send PM

*gasp* You can't lose interest! Stop talking like that right now!

I would go stir crazy. I have to play with paper. I would find a way to scrap. Not sure how, but I would find a way to do a little something every chance I got.

Scrapping gets in the blood like a bad bacteria! When I broke my shoulder…ouch!!…I had to quit everything for about 6 weeks. I had withdrawals so badly that I would wear a sling and rest my forearm on the table to scrap. Surpisingly, the therapist said that my shoulder had healed and had more range of motion faster than anyone he had worked with. It was the scrapping that healed me.
        You'll get back to it….Just do what has to be done right now. I've been there…got through it with my folks. Prayers to ya!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I stopped scrapping entirely when I had my second baby. I spent my me time at night writing. For two years the only paper crafting I did was card making, and that usually at the last minute. In March of this year, heavily pregnant with my third son, I decided I had better start a scrapbook for my second, so I signed up for the BG kit of the month club at my LSS. It got me back into scrapping in a big way, but was a mistake because I quickly discovered I didn't like to do someone else's LO, I wanted to create for myself. So my BG kits are piling up unused until February, when my commitment is up.

Is there any way you can pack up a small tote of scrappy goodies to work with? When we go to my in-laws' cabin I tend to take the essentials and work on cards if I can't work on anything else, just because I need to keep my hands busy.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I haven't scrapped much in the last few months. I suppose I have momentarily lost interest, but this has happened to me before. I believe without a doubt that it will come back. In the meantime I have tried my hand at some altered items and am enjoying a little different change of pace. I did get a lot of fun photos in my Christmas Cards this year so when I do have the time again I think I will be ready to go.

Snagg1
              Send PM

When my Mother was going to appts and radiation and then Chemo. My sister and I brought a bag of scrapbooking stuff with us. The waits are so long. We also brought pictures and would look at them with our mom and remember the good times. Try to get out and do something for yourself anything that makes you feel better so when you go back to taking care of your parents you feel good. It can be anything. I always scrapped when my kids went to sleep even for 20 mins. Or come visit here every chance you can. I find talking to others helps alot.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I don't think I could ever lose interest! I had to stop when we were moving, then unpacking, and it made me crazy. You should bring over some stuff to your parents house, especially if you are staying there for days at a time. It's good therapy!

I haven't scrapped since September, and I do miss it. Being in this temporary space has drained my motivation. I hate having to go through boxes to find the things I need, only to realize the things I need are in storage. But I did force myself to do Christmas cards, and now I'm working on another project. I will have some days off next week, so I will be scrapping again very soon. Plus, there are some Swirly challenges I want to try.

Well no I could not imagine not scrapping for that long. I admire you for watching after your parents BUT you need time for yourself also. MAke sure you get some of that Robin!!! Or you will go stir crazy. At the end of my parents lives I was there every week for 1 or 2 nights and they live 2 1/2 hours away. Plus keeping our household, it gets to be a lot so please get YOU time. I can't stress that enough. My Mom had to be fed every meal for like 3 years. SHe got alzhimers (sp) and my Dad would not put her in a home. He finally got outside help which was a tremendous help!!!! If you seek outside help take anything of value and put it away. Oh my I better not get started on that.
                I would set up a place to scrap!!

I don't think I could lose interest either. But I know when I'm not scrapping or haven't been able to for a couple of weeks..I come here for my fix. Or, sometimes I just like to visit peoples blogs to get any new ideas or Tuts. That alone motivates me to get to scrappin soon!

I would never lose interest. for that I am sure!
                What would I do in the meantime when you can't carrie that much of supplies with ya…. I would make fabric flowers. lots of them.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I would never lose interest. for that I am sure!
                  What would I do in the meantime when you can't carrie that much of supplies with ya…. I would make fabric flowers. lots of them.

you are my kind of GIRL Paulien……Robin…put together a little travel bag….make cards….embellies….something to keep those fingers busy! or pick up crocheting and make flowers….(it's a great sitting hobby but still creative) Not sure WHAT I would do if I couldn't create….maybe EXPLODE!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

My mojo has been missing lately too. I do fuss with the paper but nothing is happening, but I'm sure it will so I'm not forcing anything.

I have been playing with the cruise joual that Tim gave us on last years cruise so maybe that will get the mojo flowing again

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I do agree with the other ladies pack on travel bag, make flowers, sketches anything that keeps that creative mind of your working. It is also theraptic for you as a caregiver

Snagg1
                        Send PM

The last thing I did was the Christmas card swap. Haven't had the desire to scrap (for obvious reasons), but I have to be doing something with my hands so I amy doing a crossstich I started over 8 years ago for our 25th anniversary that always gets put to the side, for other projects & gifts for others. (There are lots of stitches done in ICU, doctor's offices and hospitals During my son's & husband's illnesses).

I ditto the others, make you a bag to take stuff like you would to a crop. Make it something simple the first time. Yes, you need time for you or you are no good to others.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.