Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10-10-10

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Cool date, huh??

So, I have noticed that many of the savages here do not put joualing on their pages. Myself included! Why do you think that is? Just how important is joualing, anyway???

I don't do it much at all. There is no wrong or right in scrapping….right? So I think it's up to weather or not there is a story or special memory about the photo, for every photo there isn't for me. When I have joualed it's hidden. Dates of my kids ages in photos is important. I need to get better about that, I probably would put that on the back of my page.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I like joualing! I use hidden joualing most of the time, because I have a hard time making joual spots fit in with my designs. I need to practice doing that. Also, some joualing is just personal.
        Also, I think joualing is as important as you want it to be: if you don't like to do it, don't! They are your pages, do what you want!! 🙂

I have a hard enough time with the title!!!

I joual when there is something important to-say

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I don't always joualing. But when I do it's hidden.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I have noticed that when I am doing pages with my Swirly kits, I don't joual much or else joual on the back because it is very personal. I do like the idea of a page opposite the LO with the joualing and I plan to do that with a lot of my Swirly LO's. On the other hand, I have lots of LO's about ranch life, school events, etc. that I joual on. It depends on what albums I put them in. If I know I am going to joual, I pretty much have it figured in my head and try to incorporate it into the design of the LO. My dad was quite a scrapbooker for his time and I wish he would have at least put names and dates under the photos! So, I guess I believe some joualing is important to the people who will look at our albums after us!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

As I mentioned on another thread, I keep a MS Word file for every layout and add to it as I go along, jotting down the products and anything else that comes to mind. I sort of edit that and use it to describe my uploads. I print it out and stick it in the back of the page.
            I've done a few pages with some hidden joualing explaining who and where and when, but that's really about it. I guess I think my layouts speak for themselves or something…

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I have never been good at joualing. Mainly because most of the pics I use were taken by my some one else and I don't know the story behind them. I have HORRIBLE handwriting, so hand joualing is a no go!! I have done a little, printing it out on the computer, but to be honest, I really can't find a place to put it on the layout! I have too much stuff on them! I suppose I should go through them (yeah…there's over 300 of htem) and write on the back what I can remember. I know you're suppose to write SOMETHING for future generations…I'll just have to live forever!!! lol!!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Some time ago, it occurred to me to jot down the date on the back of the page when I finished. So, there's that, my printouts, and I guess the future generations can figure the rest out for themselves. :p

I do if I have a special story to tell about it…but other than that, I'm with Robin…no room! lol

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I used to always try to joual even though I am not very good at it and my handwriting is awful. Since I have been working with my Swirly goodies and trying to put some art into the layout I think I have only joualed once.

I hate that I don't simply because I have so many old photos from family and in most instances I have no clue on the who, what or where. I would love to know that when I am looking at these.

Since all of my newer layouts are in storage boxes rather than albums right now I do think that I will try the joualing on the back or separate page opposite has been suggested. Seems to me to be the best solution for me.

write it on the back a lot. Just cause I hate my writing and think it detracts from the overall pic

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Funny, when I started the joueling was important to me…. now I run out of room for the title let alone joueling….. I keep thinking I'll go back and put some on the back, or something…. but never get around to it……

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

As I mentioned on another thread, I keep a MS Word file for every layout and add to it as I go along, jotting down the products and anything else that comes to mind. I sort of edit that and use it to describe my uploads. I print it out and stick it in the back of the page.
                      I've done a few pages with some hidden joualing explaining who and where and when, but that's really about it. I guess I think my layouts speak for themselves or something…

That's an awesome idea Peggy!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.