Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10-25-10

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Let's talk high tech here…
    With all of the high tech tools we have, Cricket, Gypsy, Silhouette, Motorized Sizzix, and Slice…How high tech are you, what do you use and despite having the high tech tools, do you find yourself constantly going to your low tech tools and why!!??

Well. I have a Cricket Expression that I never use..I would like to, but I don't like to many cartridges. I do have Make The Cut…but find it a pain in the a$$ to convert in Inkscape, to create the SVG then bring into MTC..No excuse I know…But I find myself bringing out that old Sizzix dinosaur because I have a lot of old Sizzix dies that I really love. I also use my Cuttlebug a whole lot as it takes all of my dies. Like my TH dies. I cant part with my silly little deco scissors, because every once in a while I see resurgence of a new technique used with them. I keep everything…

Snagg1
      Send PM

hmmmm…. I have a Cricut Expression and use it quite a bit. I have MTC and SCAL and am able to find the files that I want already in SVG format so I don't need to convert a lot of them.

I also have a Cuttlebug that I got a few months ago and like that very much.

I guess I'm not really high tech because I pretty much use what I have. I'll think about it a little bit longer, but this is my answer for now.

I probaby use my Cuttlebug with Sizzix dies more than my Silhouette. I have 1000's of files on my Silhouette and don't have to convert anything but I do have to tu it on, set it up, load the paper, size the cut etc. Whereas with the cuttlebug, it's simple. If I had more time and no 4 year old under foot I would spend a lot more time with my Silhouette. I do love it. I love my punches too and use them over the Silhouette just because it's easier.

oh, I have Sure Cuts A Lot, not MTC…

I was wanting to get SCAL…. just don't know how easy it would be for me.

My most used tool would have to be my Zutter, and I do like my Cricut, just don't use it a lot.

I have the Big Dog too (Cricut Expression). I do use it b/c it has it's own table and is always ready to go. I don't use it as much as I should–I cut more circles with it than anything! I have SCAL and use it some but like both Lisas have said, it takes time to use it and converting files is not scrapping to me. I really like using some of my punches. But, I seem to scrap in cycles. Meaning, I use certain punches, dies, techniques quite a bit then I move on to something else and forget the old stuff.

Make the cut is easier as you don't have to convert the files to SVG in Inkscape. It cuts out that step. You can do it in MTC.. I think??

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I'm another one who doesn't use the Cricut as much, partly because of the whole tu it on, load the mat, find the design and all. It's much easier to whip out the Epic and dies, partly because of the fact that I don't have to thumb through dozens of images to find what I want. In some ways, the sheer number of images per cartridge is a drawback.

Ummm… I think we are all just lazy. I'm the same way with cooking. I like 3 ingredients and one pot! tee hee

raises hand to being very low tech. Just LAST week got my Sizzix!!!! Yeah – then ordered my Timmy die that same day.

I do have the Zutter which I use most generously. Love it.

I have the Big Dog too (Cricut Expression). I do use it b/c it has it's own table and is always ready to go. I don't use it as much as I should–I cut more circles with it than anything! I have SCAL and use it some but like both Lisas have said, it takes time to use it and converting files is not scrapping to me. I really like using some of my punches. But, I seem to scrap in cycles. Meaning, I use certain punches, dies, techniques quite a bit then I move on to something else and forget the old stuff.

Oh, wow! I never thought of using it to cut circles!!! New idea!!! Thanks!!!

Make the cut is easier as you don't have to convert the files to SVG in Inkscape. It cuts out that step. You can do it in MTC.. I think??

I may be missing something here, but I always convert files before using them in MTC. I convert my Silhouette files…and any other black line pic I can find!

Well. I have a Cricket Expression that I never use..I would like to, but I don't like to many cartridges. I do have Make The Cut…but find it a pain in the a$$ to convert in Inkscape, to create the SVG then bring into MTC..No excuse I know…But I find myself bringing out that old Sizzix dinosaur because I have a lot of old Sizzix dies that I really love. I also use my Cuttlebug a whole lot as it takes all of my dies. Like my TH dies. I cant part with my silly little deco scissors, because every once in a while I see resurgence of a new technique used with them. I keep everything…

I'm guilty as well. My Cricut sits on my counter sleeping. I'm not into alot of the carts either..they are more for teachers and scrappers with children. i use my Big Shot, punches and Zutter most of all!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I could be wrong, because I don't use it that much, but I have SCAL 2, and I thought you didn't have to use Inkscape?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.