Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 10/30/2017 The Scariest Scrappy Technique

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

In keeping with the season: what technique scares you the most?
      We know that “it’s only paper”, but we also know how much thought and work we put into our projects. What’s that one thing that you love to see on others’ work but are afraid to try on your own?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

For me, it’s splatters. I love the effect, but rarely us it. I’m so afraid that I’ll overdo it or something that I decide to call it quits and declare my layout “done” even when I know that it could use that one more thing.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Kinda building off your technique, Peggy. It’s the layers of splatters that create those awesome backgrounds. I am not sure how they do it because it looks like a crap ton of splatters layered on top of one another and then some other mixed media in there to create texture. Kinda like Shona or Mary Kat.

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Thanks, Jan!
            I guess I’m mostly afraid that I can’t get the splats exactly where I want them, kwim?
            But you’re right, it does look like tons of layering and I’ll admit that I don’t have the patience…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.