Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 11/30/15

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Kathi Kathi 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you set scrapbook goals for the year? If so, what were they? Did you accomplish them?

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
      http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I don’t set any particular goals. I just scrap. I know some people like to do a set number of pages.

I do like to try new things, techniques stuff like that. I did manage to do that this year. I found a new love with mica powders thanks to the Finnabair class I took.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

The closest I ever get to setting scrapping goals is when I try to get an album done for a certain event, like the ranch scrapbooks I did for our centennial celebration last year.

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

No goals really. My sister and I started a weekly challenge in 2014 just to make sure we scrapped at least a page a week. Now that is a joke because I scrap a lot more than that!

Bec
            Bec
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

My only goal was to get on an international design team, thanks Krissy and Kim for making that happen ?❤️

Angelica
              Angelica
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I didn’t set any goals. I just kinda roll with it!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Good question, Kim.
                  I don’t know if I actually consider it a goal, but I do try to enter every challenge here. Like Jan, I want to do at least one project every week and these always give me a jump start.
                  And I like to putz around with new things. I won’t mention the fails, but hey, that’s how you learn, right?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                  RAE
                  Swirly Moderator
                    Send PM

My only real goal is to do all of the Swirlydoos challenges. Unfortunately, I fall short most months!

My goal for any project is to do something or use something that I haven’t done before. Sometimes it’s slight, but if I’m not trying new stuff, I feel like my projects get stagnant. And, I hear you, Peggy- I F*** up a lot of stuff! 🙂

I did a new years resolution a couple of years ago that I have stuck to as a good goal- when I order supplies, I can’t buy anymore until I have used at least one thing from the last order I made. Blitsy used to be a real addiction for me and I would buy stuff at least once a week, adding to the hoard. I decided there was a difference between a hoard and a stash- a stash is something you use, but a hoard is stuff you don’t use, and have no plan to, and that is just really dumb. I am saving some stuff, but eventually it will be used. 🙂

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Rae, I like your definitions!!!
                      Since I’m really on a budget right now, I’m actually digging into my hoard. I think I’m starting to realize that it’s beyond silly to own supplies just to own them. So…… I’ve been digging into the paper and letting go of things that I’ve had for over six years(!). Next is flowers. I’m going to stop buying them until I use up at least 1/3 of what I have. (That’s a pretty good goal, come to think of it!)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

That’s a great goal, Peggy. I could probably not shop for two years, except for glue and make something every day and have a lot of stuff left over.

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Well, now, if you’re gonna talk like that, Peggy, then I have another goal. I’ve been purging stuff, too. I have 29 scrap kits put together. All but three are Basic Grey paper kits with embellies added. I’m selling them (or trying) so I can buy the clear view scrap desk. I’ve had all that Basic Grey paper for over six years too. Don’t touch it, so selling it.

talkis
                          talkis
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I have no desire for the moment gold may inspire only stay long.
                            I would stay in my creative team I love and maybe one day have the team of my dreams Finnabair.

Angelica
                            Angelica
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Me too, Jan!! I have so much old Basic Gray it’s crazy!!!

Cindy, I could totally see you on Finnabair’s team!!! I hope your dream comes true!

droopidog
                              droopidog
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Well, now, if you’re gonna talk like that, Peggy, then I have another goal. I’ve been purging stuff, too. I have 29 scrap kits put together. All but three are Basic Grey paper kits with embellies added. I’m selling them (or trying) so I can buy the clear view scrap desk. I’ve had all that Basic Grey paper for over six years too. Don’t touch it, so selling it.

I just sold a bunch of old Basic Grey at my LSS garage sale. Rae helped me purge it. LOL 🙂

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

talkis
                                talkis
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Thanks Angelica but I’m not in in now but maybe other call lol i crossed my fingers again and again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.