Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 11/9/15

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Angelica Angelica 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

How do you feel about where the scrapbooking trends are going? Project life, Art Journaling, Mixed Media, Faith Booking, Pocket letters etc… Which ones are not your style/ you absolutely love/ just don’t understand the hype?

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
      http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me, I absolutely love anything mixed media. It seems to be where I am happiest.

Project life just isn’t for me. It doesn’t fit my life style.

I don’t get the pocket letters. Someone explained it to me and even showed me some of theirs and I was still like 😮

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

talkis
        talkis
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

for me I love everything that is new. Especialy Mixte Media.
          By cons after all these years I still struggle to make cards.

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I do think that Project Life is a great idea for those who want a way to preserve photos; if I hadn’t been sidetracked by pretty papers and other shiny things, who knows? I may have ended up going that way myself.

Of course, I was sidetracked and I do love things shiny and not so shiny, such as mixed media, flowers, chippies, mixed media, stamps, stencils, mixed media, fabrics, tapes and did I mention mixed media?
            I think that this has to do with my love of experimenting and using my imagination.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

For me, I absolutely love anything mixed media. It seems to be where I am happiest.

Project life just isn’t for me. It doesn’t fit my life style.

I don’t get the pocket letters. Someone explained it to me and even showed me some of theirs and I was still like ?

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-430418″ style=”display: none;”>droopidog</span>Quote

lmao! Pocket letters-ditto! Don’t get it, don’t wanna do it.

Project Life. Not my style either.

Mixed Media, yes!

Faith scrapping, just started seeing some and I like it. May give it a whirl at some time. Just haven’t seen any stamps etc that I really liked yet.

Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I am also obsessed with mixed media, I can’t make anything not mixed media now.
                I brought an art journal but never got into it.
                Project life isn’t for me either, I don’t get that craze.

I’ve never heard of faith booking or pocket letters

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Faith Booking- no way, no how.

I know what you mean ?

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
                  Merrihew
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I love what I am doing now, lumpy LO’s with some mixed media on them and a flower garden on almost every page. Before I found Swirlydoos, I could see me doing more Project life type pages, but not now. I’ve never heard about Pocket letters, so I doubt that is something that would draw me in. I just started hearing about Faith scrapbooking and was surprised. I actually have been working on something like this for a few years! I have a small binder for this. I’ve never done an Art journal and don’t think I probably ever will.

Kimberly
                    Kimberly
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

If Project Life was out when I first started scrap booking, I might have gone that way, but it wasn’t. I still like to paint, spray and stencil my pages. I make cards, and do a mini album once in a while, but that is about all for myself. I have never even heard of Pocket letters. I once bought a kit to make and art journal, but I never put it together. If I ever do it, I will use it a for mini album.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I like the mixed media trend, only because it challenges us (some more than others) to step out of our comfort zone and try something new. There is definitely a learning curve, and some people take it WAAAAAAAAAY too far in my opinion. I still feel that scrapbooking should be about preserving the photo, and the story behind the photo! I think that using different mediums on your layouts can really enhance the page, and add some fantastic dimension – but DON’T OVERDO IT!!!!

Faithbooking – I LOVE some of the stuff I’ve seen. Jamie Dougherty has some great designs in her personal bible and journal. Unfortunately – I can’t draw. I’d ruin it. I know me!

I am VERY interested in this adult coloring book gig going on. I might like to get us some. I know when i’ve had ENOUGH of life, I want to shut down, climb into my blanket for with a big glass of wine and just color! =o) Besides, I’ve had these Copic markers for YEARS and have yet to open even one of them up!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Angelica
                        Angelica
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I love mix media but to a certain point. I agree with Krissy, some just go way overboard and it looks like a sloppy mess. Not for me! I like my mixed media neat if that makes any sense…lol!

Project life- No, I really don’t like the style. To linear for me!
                          Art Journaling- Maybe some day.
                          Faith Booking- Can’t draw
                          Pocket letters- To small of a space to do anything!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.