Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12-24 Holiday photos

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Eep! I just realized that this didn't post, forgive me ladies! Must have forgot to hit submit, lol. Oops.

Do any of you organize your Christmas layouts (or any other holiday layouts)

a certain way? Do you have certain books dedicated to holidays, that you scrap chronologically, or do your holiday projects get placed inside your other albums that document the whole year? If you document Christmas, do you create mini albums that create the whole day, or just select photos?

I have a few friends that dedicate whole books, so they can see all their Christmases at a glance, and I hadn't really thought about doing that. I tend to not scrap these big holidays, not sure why, but probably really need to start (and catch up) on holidays past so that my family sees that we did celebrate, lol.

I do have two albums dedicated just to Christmas and the kids enjoy looking through them at Christmas time and remembering Christmases past! I also will include a Christmas LO in my chronological albums.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have a beautiful vintage K and Company 12×12 Christmas album that I put all my Christmas layouts (past and present) in. I like to keep tose layouts separate.

I scrap a select few from each year. Kinda pull out my favorites (or the ones that match my paper) and scrap those. I can't do mini albums, my brain has a hard time thinking on a smaller scale unless it's an altered project.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I don't. They all go together. I am trying to scrap birthdays and keep them separate though. 🙂

I am ashamed to say I didn't take one pic yesterday. 🙁 I kids of forgot. Too busy having a good time. 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I had big plans to make an album photographing the elf on the shelf every moing, but that didn't work out. I hate that damn elf!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I don't. They all go together. I am trying to scrap birthdays and keep them separate though. 🙂

I am ashamed to say I didn't take one pic yesterday. 🙁 I kids of forgot. Too busy having a good time. 🙂

I didn't take any either. Armand had to work, we had about 30 minutes of Christmas together. Then at my aunt's for dinner, i didn't even bring my camera.

I never thought of just a book for Christmas but what a fantastic idea! I still haven't scrapped last years Christmas pics lol..But, I have decided that I am doing both Dec. challenges…the mist one and the sketch and using pics from last Christmas! I do believe I'm going to buy an album just for Christmas!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I have my layouts generally sorted by people/families; it honestly never occurred to me to make a holiday album.

I realized after I got to my son's house that I forgot to pack the dratted camera. I tried to take some with my phone, but…

Oh, well. One of my Christmas subjects seems to be the tree hunt; I don't seem to be scrapping much in the way of gift opening 🙁

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have my layouts generally sorted by people/families; it honestly never occurred to me to make a holiday album.

I realized after I got to my son's house that I forgot to pack the dratted camera. I tried to take some with my phone, but…

Oh, well. One of my Christmas subjects seems to be the tree hunt; I don't seem to be scrapping much in the way of gift opening 🙁

Bad scrapper! How could you forget the camera? Lol

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I really didn't take many pictures. I was so da sick it was a chore to take the nice ones at my MIL's house in front of the tree. Christmas moing I did a video instead with my phone. the kids LOVE to see themselves on video and we don't hardly have any.

As for Christmas' past…they are all mixed in with my other pages. I don't do squat chronologically.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I have never grouped my holiday layouts into a theme album. Not sure why. Sounds good though. Christmas layouts are the hardest for me. Not sure why that is either, but I do have enough for their own album. I have plenty of photo's but just cant get past the paper. I think it may be the colors. The blue red gold theme. Not my fave although this months kit papers are beautiful!! That blue just adds some vintage and breaks away from the traditional!! I love it!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I don't separate my layouts. They are in albums in the order I make them. I also don't do chronological I do whatever pics appeal to me at the time. I have done mini albums of vacations.

Never thought of a separate Christmas album, but probably a good idea. I do my albums chronologically and my Christmas layouts go with their appropriate year. I too seem to have difficulty with Christmas layouts – I have never made one I like. Not sure if it is the papers or that I can't get a picture I truly like…

My albums are kind of a jumble… some are chrono, some are themed, some are specific events/places… some are 8.5×11 and some are 12×12. When DH and I first got married (and my folks were only 4 hours away) we spent THanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his. When I started scrapbooking, I decided to do a Christmas album that was holidays with the in-laws. Since then we have spent a few Christmases in Califoia with my sister's family, and those pages are in her family albums. I've also done a mini album based on pictures MIL sent to DH throughout one December (family joke). One of these days I really need to go back through some of my albums and sort out the pages….. get some kind of order going there!

I didn't take many pics, I never do on Christmas. Too dark and too fast!

But, I don't do albums either sooooo…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.