Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12/02/13 Glitter

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

With the Holidays ahead of us, I intend to use more loose glitter than normally.
    How do you get the glitter to stay? Which adhesive do you use and do you have to seal it afterwards?

since I found stickles I tend not to use loose glitter that much because it's so messy. When I do use it, I use either glossy accents or Diamond glaze to adhere it since it dries clear and seals it at the same time. The downside is that it take s awhile to dry so I let it dry oveight

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I agree about the stickles. Less mess! When I use loose glitter I use Glossy Accents.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I love to sprinkle glitter on any wet medium I am using whether it's for texture, or with a mask. Then it stays. 🙂

Snagg1
          Send PM

I use Stickles a lot but I like glitter sometimes as well. I use red score tape with loose glitter or sprinkle it directly in glue or whatever medium I'm using and it will generally stay put. Same with microbeads.

I love my stickles too, but the down side is the drying time. I smear that stuff all over in a few seconds…. hate it when that happens. I usually do the same as you Rae. Sprinkle the loose glitter in a wet medium. This question came to mind, when I die cutted a oate frame (TH) and I wanted it to cover with loose glitter. I tried glossy accents, but had no luck since it dripped into the little holes of the frame.
          Then I thought of something I read on Gabrielle Pollacco her blog. Spray the object with hairspray, then glitter, then let it dry (for a moment I thougth that it was ruined) and then seal it, again with hairspray. It worked like a gem.

I use Stickles for everyday projects, Glossy Accents and red line adhesive for loose glitter, and Art Institute clear glue for fine detail glitter application.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have loose glitter but I always seem to forget I have it and end up using my stickles most of the time.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Glitter and bling are the two things that I forget to use, for some reason. I don't know why, it just never seems to occur to me.

Glitter itself, well, I do agree about it not sticking, I guess it depends on what you're using to adhere it? That said, I had total success with light modeling paste today, go figure!
              As far as stickles, I love them BUT they take too long to dry, so I end up using it only when I know that I can let it all dry oveight.

That's why I love Distress stickles… you can use the heat gun on them!

I don't use loose glitter very often, but I am going to try that hairspray trick! I have some old glitter letters (K& Co ?) I may try to spray those with hairspray as the glitter gets everywhere!

A workman came to my house in flip-flops. As he was leaving, he looked down at his feet and said, I have glitter all over my feet! He had some in his hair, too, but I didn't tell him. I love glitter.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

LOL, Sue!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Sue, LOL and serves him right :p

OMG…. You had me in stitches Sue!!!! Hilarious!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.