Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12/09/13 Holiday gifts

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Do you give, a lot of handmade gifts, to family or friends for the Holidays?
    Are they apreciated and do they keep them?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Sadly no! I never have enough time to do so. 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

I've done stuff like homemade hot choc mix in a pretty jar and then added coffee cups and holiday cookies, or homemade BBQ rub with a hot mitt and grill tools–so kind of a conglomeration of homemade and bought. I'm giving a few mini albums this year with pics inside and I send my OOAK holiday cards for the past few years. I don't expect that everyone keeps all my cards but I know of several that have been framed. I've also given framed layouts too.

It varies from year to year, but I am giving several handmade gifts this year, courtesy of Kaisercraft's great DIY stuff. I've done a mini album and a JOY plaque (I'm keeping that one!), am currently working on a desktop organizer for a niece, and will be making the mini toolbox for another niece. I have one more niece to makes something for but I haven't decided which one to make up yet. I'm also making up some fancy oaments for a few special people. I'll try to remembe to take pictures and post when I've got them completed.

I was going to make some homemade jams this year as well, but haven't gotten around to it and likely won't. I ususally make cookies & sweets and may get to those this weekend. I've taken off the week of New Year's so may just get some things done then and send them out as New Year's gifts. My brother appreciates homemade goodies whenever he gets them! ;)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I've done stuff like homemade hot choc mix in a pretty jar and then added coffee cups and holiday cookies, or homemade BBQ rub with a hot mitt and grill tools–so kind of a conglomeration of homemade and bought. I'm giving a few mini albums this year with pics inside and I send my OOAK holiday cards for the past few years. I don't expect that everyone keeps all my cards but I know of several that have been framed. I've also given framed layouts too.

Hey Patty, I'll take some of that homemade BBQ rub. LOL!

I used to make a lot of homemade gifts! I don't make as many now. In the last few years, I've made a couple of mini albums, American girl doll clothes and some jewelry.

Snagg1
            Send PM

[quote]

Hey Patty, I'll take some of that homemade BBQ rub. LOL!
            [/quote]
            ho ho ho–maybe Santa will bring you some! 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Patty, you're amazing!!!!
              Alas, I'm not doing anything handmade this year…

I have made and given 2 Advent Calendars, a couple of minis.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I had plans to make boxes for people, mostly teachers and aides, but I think it will take too long. Last year I made cookie mixes in mason jars.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have given some hand made gifts before, usually only the people I know who really like and appreciate them. I most likely won't be doing any this year, except for the cute little triangle boxes that Paulien gave us for the 12 days. I've given one away to one of our friends who's party we went to on the weekend and I have 4 more all ready to go, just have to put the candies in them.

I made a pincushion for a co-worker this year, and some gift tags. I usually make a select few Christmas cards, but it has been a hellacious holiday season and I am not sure they are getting finished:(

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm making canvases for my 2 brothers and my 2 brothers-in-law, the tissue box cozy is going to my kids teacher, the tool box from SD June kit is going to my kids teacher from last year, I'm making fun fur flip flops for my sis in law, bro in law's GF, and my sister, in addition I'm giving my sister the Kaisercraft chest of drawers I did for SD, my parents and in-laws are each getting an 8×8 shutterfly book of my scrapbook pages, my nephew is getting a hand made build-a-fort kit, my niece is getting some home made headbands, and my baby nephew is getting a touch book that I'm making out of a sketch book from M's.

I think that's PLENTY…don't you ;)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

WOW…. I make a deep bow for you guys!

Andie…. my gosh… when do you start crafting if you have that much on your program?

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Holy moly Andie you are the gifting Queen for sure!

Andie…when do you sleep?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.