Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 12/19/16 What are you…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by droopidog droopidog 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

…making for Christmas dinner or that Christmas party you are going to? Do you have a favorite recipe? If so, how about sharing it with us!

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Going to a Christmas dinner!!!
        (Funny, this year it hit me that I really miss cooking the holiday dinner. I have a feeling that if I actually had to, I wouldn’t miss it so much, lol!)
        Okay, I do several dishes to pass – a casserole and a fruit salad, nothing very elaborate.
        Here’s the salad:
        You need a very heavy small saucepan or a double boiler. Beat an egg and add the juice of a large lemon (about 2 Tbsp), 2 Tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.

Peel 2 large or 3 medium oranges and cut the wedges into large bite sized pieces. (About 1 cup)
        Cut 1 cup fresh pineapple into large bite sized pieces. (You can use canned, but fresh is better!)
        Pick and rinse 1 cup red grapes.

Whip 1/2 cup heavy cream; fold in the egg mixture. Fold in the prepared fruit, along with 1 cup mini marshmallows and (optional) 8 maraschino cherries.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Just before serving, fold in 1 cup sliced bananas.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

anniescraps
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Well I don’t cook for Christmas dinner. My family used to get together Christmas day for a big party. One year my sister (who was hosting) got sick Christmas morning so we had to cancel. The only thing I had was a rib-eye roast frozen in the freezer. So we did what “A Christmas Story” did and ate Chinese and have done so since. We no longer get together Christmas Day, we do it the week after to avoid a repeat.
          I have to say it works wonderfully for me, no fuss no muss and I can actually relax!

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

No cooking for me this year. I’ll be on the beach with my choice of 7 different restaurants.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

We do our family Christmas celebration the weekend after Christmas. I am fixing a spiral ham. I’m not really sure what else I am fixing! LOL! Christmas day, I am fixing DH and me a little roast in the crockpot with veggies, a salad and cheesecake for dessert. 🙂

anniescraps
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Kim now that’s my kind of dinner! you and the hubs enjoy!!
                Cheryl – I love spiral ham! but the roast sounds delish, love comfort food.

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Yummy Cheryl, I love spiral ham. The roast sound just as good. Plus I love cheesecake. Can’t wait to see the pictures from your gathering. You guys always seem to enjoy yourselves.

Thanks Ann. You guys enjoy your celebration too.

Kim
                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.