Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 1st August – What do you think…..

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What do you think to the latest trends with the big Manufactures bringing ‘colouring’ into Scrapbooking papers?

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I saw an advert for 12×12 scrapbook papers that were black and white patterns to colour in for background papers. I like colouring and would like to do them as a separate project but not sure if I would want to incorporate them into my scrapbook pages.

ginny 🙂

Bec
        Bec
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I never got into the adult colouring craze only because I never have the time to do it.

I love patterned paper as it is, I’m not sure I’m up for colouring my own scrapbook paper

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I’m with Bec on the the pattern paper the way it is and not coloring it.

I’m just not into the coloring trend at all. I’ll add it to the list with the paper dolls as things to leave in my childhood.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

RAE
            RAE
            Swirly Moderator
              Send PM

I am not a fan of the adult color book craze. The last time I went to a crop, a bunch of ladies had them and colored the entire time!

I do like the Prima watercolor books and paintables because I have the watercolor confections and pencils, and I enjoy learning how to use them on the papers. I only have the watercolor books because I won them from the Prima wall art contest, along with some frames for them. I make them for decor and practicing watercolor techniques. I can’t imagine I would use them on scrapbook pages though.

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

NO! My dd is into it but she’s 20 and doesn’t scrap.

Angelica
                Angelica
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Not into the coloring. Seems like it takes up to much time. I’ll leave the scrapbook paper to the designers.

Kimberly
                  Kimberly
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I agree. I want to leave the scrapbook paper to the designers. I have nothing against adult coloring books, I just don’t have the extra time.

Monica
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I hadn’t even thought about using pages for my scrapbooks, but I’ve loved the mental therapy of coloring since I was a kid many moons ago, and the adult coloring craze has given me many new options for coloring. I still have several coloring books from my childhood, along with a few boxes of Crayolas. Much as I enjoy scrapbooking and other paper crafts, for me there’s nothing quite like the simple pleasure of an image to color and pencils or crayons to use. I also have all of the Julie Nutting stamps, which I love to color and layer with patterned papers. I started out as a stamper in 1997, and I was hooked because of the images I could color, especially the Stampendous florals and Precious Moments lines, and the Personal Stamp Exchange florals.

anniescraps
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I’m not into the coloring either. Prima started the paintables awhile ago, I have them and really didn’t use them. So I won’t be adding more to the pile that I will eventually go thru to purge. I will be sticking with the patterned paper!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Not for me. I still have a lot of the watercolor papers. I have used some for cards, but for an entire layout? ‘Fraid not.
                          (This might have something to do with my inability to stay in the lines, lol.)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.