Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 4-3-11

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I think it's about time for another question since I have been out there for a few weeks! This shift change has kicked my azz!!!! Better now 🙂

Ok, I know that my scrapping has been kicked up a notch or 2 since I have been working with the Swirly kits. how about you?

Tell us how your scrapping has changed…..

I'm using more 3D embellies, distressing and inking

Well for starters. I've leaed that paper loves a good smackdown. Kinda show it who's in charge. But yes, I am more creative when it comes to piecing embellies together to create an altered embellie.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use papers that normally I couldn't work with, but loved from afar. I'm distressing and embellishing more.

For starters, I NEVER distressed anything, I never made a flower in my life, and I had hardly heard of Prima anything!! I had used the auto feature in PSE to change the looks of a picture, but never any real pic editing. I guess my way of scrapping has changed entirely. Thanks Swirlydoos!

I am much braver about using pp's! I am no longer afraid to cut, bend, fold or multilate a piece of paper. I never used to distress anything other that ink it. I never used to make my own flowers or bling. I never used to tilt or angle anything on my LO's. Now I do all of these and my LO's are so much more interesting! I love all the things I have leaed here!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh, my, where to start…
          Well, I was still a beginner using one page and a few embellies with no sense of design & flow & such. Oh, and I feared white space.
          I think I've gone up way more than a notch or two. That's not bragging, just stating the fact that I've leaed just about all that I now do here at Swirly's….

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I've leaed how to use all those crazy flowers on my cricut cartridges. I've leaed to layer bend ink and fold them into so much more than the cartridges show. I've always distressed but I've leaed new techniques to distressing. I've totally up'd my Choch. (the number of chochkies added to a page) and made them much more interesting. In fact, swirlydoos has made me start using the ephemera that I have been collecting over the years and just never used.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'm still experimenting with putting more layers and embellies on my l/o's so that they don't look so flat. I'm working on one right now that is starting to look like someone from one of those hoarders shows put together…I think i went a little overboard in trying to add more layers and embellies, but I'll let you guys be the judge of that when I post it. Ha. I'm also experimenting with using various products that most of our members already use.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

oh geez I am still leaing every kit, and steppign outside of my comfort zone with each one. gotta try new things all the time 🙂 but really I think I have really gone a long way since I joined here 🙂

Snagg1
                Send PM

Well, I would have to say that I am forever leaing and pushing myself and there is no better way to do that than by surrounding yourself with crazy-mad talent.

I have definitely leaed how to be a better distresser, create more layers, now I look at paper and have to decide if I am going to punch it, fussy cut it or make a flower with it (that wasn't much of a problem before I came here LOL); jeez the list just goes on.

More embellies, more flowers (even making them), more 3D, water distressing, more layers, use papers I never would have used before and in combination that I never would have thought worked together, photo editing. And on and on. Definitely more creative since Swirlydoos. Love it!

A little cake goes a long way. :p

I found my style at Swirydoos, a bit pretty, a bit rock n roll, a bit grunge and a bit sexy.

Well, I have had the Swirly kits for a year and a half now and chose this kit club, cuz I loved the flowers, the style of the papers and most of all for the fun embellies. So I think I've found myself using more small embellies now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.