Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 4/17/2017 "Later"

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by droopidog droopidog 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Do you have a “later” pile – half-finished projects that were put aside when you ran out of time and/or mojo? What happens to these items – do you ever decide to make a dent in this collection, or is it a case of “out of sight, out of mind” until your next Spring cleaning binge, when you merely mutter “later” again?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’m going to confess to usually being the latter, but I’m between kits and itching to scrap, so I unearthed and completed a mini album that was a Swirly Camp project with a tutorial by Rae from 2013. It was placed to the side when I got home and unpacked and somehow, this came up and that happened and the next kit arrived… Well, I worked on it Friday and finished it on Saturday and I’m so happy that I did. Not only is that pile a little lighter, but I relived some wonderful memories as I assembled the pages.
        Next up: (this is embarrassing) a layout that I started in 2011. Kathi had given me a beautiful sheet from the Graphic 45 Curtain Call collection and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Somehow, what I had in mind didn’t work; I think I tried to create a too busy design on an already busy page. Anyway, the mojo ran and hid and now I’m glad it did. Let’s see if I can get it done in the next day or two!

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I definitely have a later pile! I always have the best intentions of getting back to them. Some of them just need a little journaling and some are still pretty much in pieces waiting for a burst of inspiration. 🙂

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Oh,yes! I have a “later” pile too! Some dates all the way back to 2007. I know this because the mini in question has the year stamped really big on the front. **shaking my head**

I don’t seem to get back to these either. My sister and I talk about having a catch up weekend to do only that but so far it hasn’t happened.

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

It isn’t easy finishing up the older stuff, or so I’m finding. I just scrap differently now, I guess.
              I did finish the mini, but you can really tell the pages from 2017, even though I tried to make them blend in. And that layout from 2011 is a total redo – good thing I never glued anything down!
              I’m simply making my pages a lot less busy; I may even use the same amount of embellies, but I’m arranging them differently or something.
              Anyway, it was good to finish them up; maybe I’ll dig into that pile a bit more often…

StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I actually don’t have a “later” pile. Usually once I actually start a project I get on a role and am able to finish it. My problem is actually getting started on something, lol.

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

My later pile has turned into my never going to get to it pile. I have some much newer stuff I want to do that I don’t have time for. So I know I’m not going to get to the older stuff I set aside.

Kim
                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.