Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 4/3/2017 – Coming Clean

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Okay, we’ve all done it – overbought from time to time because we “just have to have it”. And boy, do we have “it”: drawers and shelves and bin full of dies and stamps and inks and mists pretty much in pristine condition while we keep on going back to our well-loved favorites, totally forgetting that “it” exists.
      I confess to owning every shade of Distress Ink pad and I also confess to using about a half dozen colors on a regular basis.
      But we also have things we did use and love and then one day put aside for a while as the next shiny thing came along. We come across them every once in a while when we’re cleaning or when we’re reaching for an embellishment or medium and tell ourselves that we really should break out these long-neglected items “someday”
      And so I’m asking you to “come clean”. I’m not talking about papers and flowers that we buy just to hoard or even basics like adhesives and white cardstock that we stock up on when there are sales and coupons involved. This is all about non-impulse purchases that we really have forgotten.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I’m “coming clean” about Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper. Krissy included a sheet or two in the June 2011 Looking Glass embellishment add-on and I just had to have more. I bought an entire pad and started going through it like crazy, die cutting flowers and leaves and vines and then…
        I have about a third of that pad sitting there, actually buried under sheets of music paper and dictionary pages. I see it every once in a while and I refuse to purge it because I know that I’d end up kicking myself one day. Of course, that day will probably never come, but who knows?

Kathi
        Kathi
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Well I had to have “ALL Things Distress”. Every shade of ink pad, every marker, every spray and every medium. Do I use them, not really, some of the ink pads but not all.There they sit taking up space but i can’t bear to give them away.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Kathi Kathi.

take time to smell the roses

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have too many to list. 😮

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by droopidog droopidog.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LOL Kim, you’re supposed to dig under the pile and find whatever it is that you’ve REALLY forgotten…

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Ok, I’ve found it. My tissue/washi tape. I love the stuff, but keep forgetting to use it.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Bec
                Bec
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I brought lots of resin mold making supplies and paper clay in the hopes that I’ll make molds of all my fave prima resins. A year later its still sitting there unopened.

Heather
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I am like Kim, way to many to even count, wouldnt even know where to start……..

msjan1
                    msjan1
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Tim Holtz alcohol inks, gobs of Glimmer Mist (most of them will not spray-so aggravating!), lots of ribbon (organized on a ribbon rack even), Mica Powders (although I did use the once recently), the flower cup to mold die cut flowers (can’t remember what it’s call or who made it) but I just found it in a cabinet last night and totally forgot I had it! Shall I go on? I’m sure I could. How about the jelly roller pens? LOL!!! Those all dried out and I hardly used them-bought them over 10 years ago!

Merrihew
                      Merrihew
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Alcohol inks, glassine paper (don’t even know where it is!), some hand painted photo mats that I bought probably 15 years ago, hmmm, I know there is a ton more. I have some EK Success paper dolls that were really hot items in about 2000! I am giving those to the grandkids! It is definitely time to start going through stuff again!

StephD
                        StephD
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Let’s see Distress ink pads, I basically use the “Vintage Photo” all the time, the others not so much. Punches, I have quite a few of them and only use maybe 4 of them all the time.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by StephD StephD.
                          Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Oh my – lots of inks and mists here…
                            I’ll confess to washi tape and ribbons, too. I forget about the tape but the ribbons are staring at me and I still don’t use them.

I dunno… maybe it’s time to break some of this stuff out and actually use it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.