Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-7-11-11 Do you really dig through your scraps for a project?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

We all have our scrap bins or drawers full of scraps. We save every precious piece of paper over 2 inches in size! lol!! Admit it, you do!!! My question is…how many times do you really go all the way through your scrap bin in search of that perfect teenie scrap of paper to complete a layout?? Do you EVER go through it? Is you scrap bin overflowing with scraps you just couldn't part with that are years old? How thick is the dust?? Fess up!!

I just started scrapping so mine isn't too bad..BUT..BUT..I've already accumulated quite a bit that I can't find myself to throw away! Bad huh!? Hubby calls me a paper hoarder and I totally agree!
      And I always forget to go through it..I'll admit it!! 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I chuck mine once in a while but ya I keep the scraps and search out the ones I need lol……all the time lmao

euhm, to be honest… I saved every scrap of paper, I worked with. and yes it is overflowing. I don't go back to it that much so maybe it is time to clean it up.

I have a 2×3 foot basket that I throw all my scraps in. I save almost every little bitty piece. But it's a free for all in that anyone in the house may go in and take out paper without asking. So I'd say our basket gets used quite a bit

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have 5 9×12 baskets that nest and I separate my scraps by color into these baskets. I don't use my scraps as often as I used to but I do reach for them fairly often.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
            Send PM

Umm, ya. I've saved a lot of scraps. I will start to go through them but never get all the way through.

Although, after seeing Paulien's card tutorial I might actually start to use up that stash. 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I admit it…. .I save tons of scraps…… and never end up using most of them…..

Actually I get fed up….. when I do my annual cleaning, the smaller ones end up in the recycler…..

Snagg1
                Send PM

I have gotten better about just chunking it if it is small or tiny right away since I rarely use the little scraps, but should.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

The only scraps I really save are cardstock sorted by color.When you need that one little piece for a Timmy die or letter. I will save larger PP scraps but i keep them with the full sized sheets in folders

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I have only large scraps, bigger than 3 inches. I try to use them as much as possible.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I do what Kathi does. And I find as I use a kit, I leave the scraps on my table as I'm working and will tuck various scraps into my page to use then up and create more layers/interest.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

My scraps are a mess. I have a ton of the. I think I will put a scrap pack together to sell at my lss garage sale. Although, scraps from my kit, go back into my kit bag and I do use those.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

If it's a large scrap, it gets filed with the pp's. I keep the small ones in an Isis and that's what I use for cards and stuff. If I haven't used it in a year or so, I toss it. I've leaed already that if I haven't used it yet, I probably never will. (Besides, thanks to Krissy, I get a lot of new pretties every month.)

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Yep….what Kathi and Shell said….me too!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.