Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – 8/01/11 How do you clean your stamps?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

How do you clean your wood mounted stamps? and.. How do you clean your clear stamps? What brand of cleaner do you use? What works best for you?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I don't use wood mounted.
      For my clear stamps I use a baby wipe and rinse under warm water.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I use baby wipes for both!

Baby wipes! and then rinse in water if needed

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I let Kathi borrow mine, she does a wonderful job!!!!!
          Seriously, I know I'm bad. I use water and one of those scrubby pad things and I'm afraid that I don't get all of the ink off.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Baby wipes for me too!

Baby wipes for me too!

Ditto!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I'mbad…rarely clean mine! 🙁

Snagg1
                Send PM

I'm not really good at cleaning mine either. Archival ink stains my wood mounted stamps so I just keep stamping on scrap paper until an image doesn't come off. My clear stamps I can normally just wipe them clean with a paper towel.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I only clean mine every once in a while. I use baby wipes when I do. What I really need to clean is my acrylic blocks. They are useless because they are covered in black ink, so I can't see through them. I think I heard that you can use those Mr Clean Magic Erasers to clean those, so maybe I should do that.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Seriously, I know I'm bad. I use water and one of those scrubby pad things and I'm afraid that I don't get all of the ink off.

thanks peggy!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

[quote]

thanks peggy!!
                      [/quote]
                      No, thank YOU!!!! ;D

tut tut tut ladies…….

Now, your stamps are your babies. You gotta treat them with love. lol

I must admit.. I clean my stamps right after I use them.
                      Acrylic stamps – when I use dye inks – a wet cloth to clean them up. when I use Stazon or Archival inks on my arclylic stamps I firts ink them up.. let it dry for about 10 seconds then add another layer of ink and stamp my image (saw this tip in a prima video tut) then immediately whipe my stamp off with a wet cloth. Sometimes when they are really yuckie I wipe some Stazon-cleaner onto my craft sheet and slightly touch it with my stamps. then rinse.

For my wood mounted stamps I use the rub it scrub it, when I used dye inks. when I used a solvent ink I use Stazon cleaner OR blending solution.
                      The last one I use also to clean my acrylic blocks.

I heard that Hero Arts has a perfect cleaner for both acrylic stamps and wood mounted. Anyone tried it yet?

I'm not really good at cleaning mine either. Archival ink stains my wood mounted stamps so I just keep stamping on scrap paper until an image doesn't come off. My clear stamps I can normally just wipe them clean with a paper towel.

DITTO! I do the exact same thing! I'm bad..bad..bad.. 🙁 (

Usually, it's baby wipes to clean all my stamps. However, if I'm using metallic inks I'll actually get out the bottle of stamp cleaner to get it off. And Staz-On requires their stinky cleaner. I used to be a lot more OCD about my stamps looking brand-new, but life goes on and it took up too much time I could be crafting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.