Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 9-5-11 How much time do you devote to scrapping?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Today is Labor Day. A day to pay tribute to hard work. Take today and pat yourselves on the back for all the hard work you do in and out of the scraproom. My question is, how much time do devote to scrapping on a daily basis?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Robin, it really depends. I don't do much on the days that I do go to work, not enough time to really concentrate. On days off, anywhere from an hour or so to an off and on total of 5 – 6 hours of dithering until I get it right. 🙂

I was trying to get at least an hour or two in the scraproom, but this summer, that has been impossible. So, when I do get a free day (rare) I probably spend 6 or 7 hours throughout the day to try and get a LO all done. I am longing for the days of going back to a couple hours a days!

not nearly enough..And not by choice…

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'd like to spend about two hours a day, but that just doesn't happen. Having the baby has really limited my time, but I have to say that I think it's been kind of cool to take so long with layouts. I plan stuff out in my head, then when I get a couple of minutes (literally less than five most of the time), I'll run over to the scrap table to work a couple of things out. Because I can't finish it up in one sit down, I'm able to think about my placement and choices for a lot longer, and I'm actually a lot happier with my layouts lately. So, in answer to the question, about 20 minutes a day!

It really depends. I work fulltime so mostly in the weekends. Sometimes an hour in the evening.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I don't usually get time to scrap during the week. 🙁

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

It usually depends – if it is a full on week probably 1-2 hours at most. I have had a lot of comp time lately so I have been sneaking out of work early and getting in some extra scrapping time. Then on weekends probably 4-5 hours.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I wish I could dedicate time to scrapbooking everyday but with my full time job and all the kids schedules I squeeze what I can in. Lately it has been to check in here at swirlydoos. I have all my stuff out and fiddle with it until I am happy then put it together. My summer schedule looked like this up at 5:15 get ready head to the gym for 6:00-6:45 head home shower and get ready to go to work for 7:45-4:00. Come home get supper ready hang out with a couple kids while older ones go to soccer and lacrosse. younger kids bath and bed by 8:30. Thats when I can sit down and scrap if I am not too tired. With school startin I am not sure how things will pan out. 2 kids will get on the bus at 6:35 a.m. Last one gets on bus at 7:50. Gonna be hectic for a while but i am ready.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Most days like Rae I fiddle here and there during the day when the baby is napping or happy, my toddler is napping and my five year old is happy to play by himself. At night I try to get an hour or more in while I watch TV with my hubby. Weekends we're usually too busy to do much. Sometimes I sneak in a little extra time if I can convince one or both of my older boys to help me (they Luke the Glimmer Mist and the Big Shot).

It really depends on how much work there is to do.
                  I try to grab 2 hours a a day (that is over the entire day…lol)
                  I wish I had more time tho.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I fiddle around almost every day. The length of time depends on my mood

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

not nearly enough..And not by choice…

I second that!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I would like at least 1/2 to an hour each day but that doesn't happen because I come home from work so tired I can't even get myself motivated to do much of anything. I have a great craft room so I leave my pages out and will go into my craft room just to look at the page and maybe sneek in 5 minutes to play before going to work. I try to set aside 2 hours on the weekends to play.

Lately, I haven't had anytime to scrap. I'm in the process of moving.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.