Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW 9/12/16 Planners

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    droopidog
    droopidog
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

So I’m sure you have seen all the new planners out there. They are everywhere. Prima is carrying them, heck they are even having a planner DT call.

They are nice and all, but with all the decorating are they really practical? Would you really use it? Do you even have the time to sit a decorate a planner daily? weekly? monthly?

Would you even use a planner or do you just use your smartphone?

Kim
      My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I do love the look of the planner itself.

The adding of the washi tape and clips and all the other embellishments that they have make it impractical for me. That would make it too bulky and heavy for me. Plus who has the time? I like to spend what extra time I have scrapping.

I do have a small planner that I use for tracking my DT assignments. I use my phone and google calendar for all my personal stuff. I like google calendar because I can access it from my Ipad or computer if something happens to my phone.

Kim
        My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I would probably never use a decorated planner. Since I am still in the dark ages with my flip phone, I just have a small planner in my purse. Mostly everything just gets marked down on the wall calendar in the house. It’s by the phone and that way dh and I always know what is going on and can add to it easily. I know…we are dinosaurs! LOL!

Bec
          Bec
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I don’t see the point of a decorated planner, I dont have the time so if I brought one the first week of Jan might get filled in but thats about it ?

I just put everything on my phone or the calendar in the kitchen.

GinnyH
            GinnyH
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

When they first came out I thought they looked lovely and wanted one, but honesty, the novelty lasted about one week and then I just didn’t have the time to decorate it so I didn’t bother, then it was just too bulky to keep carrying around and it didn’t fit in my handbag! It never saw the year out! I put everything on my calendar in my phone and on the kitchen calendar. Much easier!

ginny 🙂

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I answered another version of this question this morning on FB by stating that anyone who has time to do one of those probably doesn’t need an organizational planner.
                Okay, that was a bit snippy, but I do mean it. I do keep track on my desktop with MS Outlook and I’m totally anal about it. I should do the same on my phone, I guess, but the keyboard is easier.
                Anyway, about the planners. Someone on that thread suggested using it more as a memory book, filling it with photos and memorabilia and that makes sense.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

They are cute but no. I don’t have the time or desire for that. And, really nothing to schedule anymore since the kids are all gone.

anniescraps
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

That would be a no. A friend of mine teaches that at her local big-box “M” and she doesn’t get it either. I think it’s geared more towards the working and/or busy woman who doesn’t have time to paper-craft and who wants to be creative. Also, for those who don’t want to make the monetary investment. That kinda makes sense that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.