Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-9/18/17 What keeps you…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by droopidog droopidog 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What keeps you from scrapbooking more often?

Is it work, a baby, a new pet, a newly retired spouse, illness, no mojo?

For me, it has been work lately and my dh making plans on the weekends.

anniescraps
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

For me it’s been a combination of things.
        The baby, doctor appointments, trying to tackle the yard after monsoon season and then tons of humid heat. Plus trying to keep up with housework…yuk!!!
        I can’t do much with the little escape artist. LOL He LOVES my scrap-room and that is a disaster waiting to happen. When it’s bedtime I’m so tired that I normally start out with good intentions and find myself falling asleep at my craft table.

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Lately, it has just been the chaos of getting the kids moved up here and everyone settling into a routine. School has started and I am traveling to games and dh and I have taken a few “daycations”. I really miss scrapping! Every time I think I will be able to start in, something comes up or I am just zonked from all the running! LOL! I just need to start making it more of a priority and carve out a bit of time!

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Despite my siggy, housework and meal prep do get in the way; there are times when I just have to stop scrapping and get things done.
            Next, there’s work, which is part time, but… There goes my morning and I’m usually too tired when I get home to scrap. I sometimes manage to get some done before making dinner, which is good because anyone who knows me can tell you that I’m pretty near useless in the evening.
            I’m just coming off a vacation week and of course that means traveling. The good news is that I sometimes come back with photos. The bad news is that I’m not home to scrap.
            And then there’s my ADD. Every so often (okay, quite often, lol), my brain says “stop”. I found out a long time ago to listen and take a break before I totally mess up whatever it is that I’m doing.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Heather
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

WORK, WORK, WORK, and of course kids, but I am glad they are in school now. things will get better

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

LOL, Heather. But at least they give you a couple of perfect subjects to scrap.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Lately it’s been work and health with a bit of summer traveling. I’m counting down the days until work is no longer a factor.

Kim
                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                  http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.