Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW August 22nd – Blogs

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Blogging is now is big part of the scrapbooking world from advertising, sharing our work for fun, entering challenges and to follow our favourite designers etc.
      Are you a ‘blogger’? Do you follow only a small amount of certain blogs or do you follow loads of blogs?
      Do you use the ‘follow’ friend gadgets to make sure you don’t miss any posts and to show your support for that persons blog?
      When you read a blog post, what do you like most, the friendly banter, more photos the better, to see a tutorial or to keep up with friends?
      Do our newbies have your own blogs or thinking of doing one?

Lots of questions…. what do you think?

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I am a big Blogger! I follow loads of blogs via Google Friends gadget and Google+. All my blogs appear on one page which makes it so much quicker to view them quickly and see if there’s anything I want to visit. This is a must in my busy life! I like to support people by ‘following’ their blogs and try to comment as much as possible.
        I use blogs to research new ideas and keep up with new products, releases and new techniques. I like to use the blogs as an adition to something like Pinterest to learn more about something I really like.
        I have had my blog going now for a couple of years and its following is increasing. It is a bit like a ‘baby’ to me, I get great enjoyment from putting my posts on in the hope that someone will like my work!
        I realise that blogs are now a huge advertising tool and that most of my scrapping life seems to be via the internet, mainly because the UK is sadly behind some other countries in the style of scrapbooking that I like. I hope that by getting my work out there on my blog I can somewhat try to start changing that!

ginny 🙂

Bec
        Bec
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I follow quite a few blogs thru blogger. I go in and have a look at what’s new every day. I don’t really tend to read the writing in the blog posts I just look at all the pretty pictures.

I hate writing posts up on my blog though!!!! It takes so long, I love making stuff but the blogging it seems like a chore to me.

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I used to follow a lot more blogs and visit them often. Not so much now. Some just aren’t posting like they used to so I’ve lost interest. I get lost enough in Pinterest and now Instagram so haven’t done as much blog visiting. Ginny, it is a good idea to follow other blogs just to see what is going on in the scrappy world.

I have a blog mainly because my sister, who scraps, asked me to start one about 6 years ago. She wanted to see what I scrapped via a blog. So, that’s how I got started.

Oh, and I’m like Bec, I’m looking at the pictures more than anything. If there’s a technique I want to learn about then I will read or watch a video.

anniescraps
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I think I have one…lol but if it’s still active I have never used it.

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I am a blog a holic. I read blogs, watch videos all of that. I am trying to absorb as much as possible. I think my brain is too full, that’s why I can’t get anything done…lol. I am constantly adding and deleting blogs. I use bloglovin, plus I have a list of blogs on my Ipad.

I have my own blog, I just hate updating it. I guess I feel like I never have much to say. Like here is my project, here is what I did. LOL.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

lol! I’m with you, Kim, on not having much to say. I do the same: here it is, thanks for looking!

RAE
                  RAE
                  Swirly Moderator
                    Send PM

Now that I’m not on any DTs, I really only post stuff to my blog if I’m entering a contest, like Prima’s where you have to out a link to your project picture. I don’t hate doing blog posts, I just don’t like how time consuming it is.

I rarely read blogs. If I see a project on FB, and I really love it and want to see closeups or a tutorial and there’s a blog link, I’ll click it. I occasionally do blog hops.

I’ve been out of the loop lately though. I’ve been in a zombie state after work learning all of this new stuff. Maybe I’ll do some blog surfing this weekend. 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I used to have a personal blog, but haven’t really touched it since I started Swirlydoos back in 2009! I read some blog posts, of other people if they catch my eye, but I don’t believe I follow any right now. I’m kind of boring on this topic lol!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Merrihew
                      Merrihew
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I don’t have a blog. There are a few blogs that I like to check out, but I don’t do that as often as I used to.

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

So, sounds like we are all about the pictures. Does that mean you are on Pinterest more or Instagram?

droopidog
                          droopidog
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I’m on both equally, unless I’m looking for specific ideas then it’s pinterest. If I’m just surfing, then it’s both.

Kim
                            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I love Pinterest, I’ll go on about once a week to see whats new. I’ve never ever been on Instagram…..is it similar to Pinterest. I guess I should go check out what all the fuss is about

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Ginny, great question.
                                I’ve mentioned in another forum that it took me forever to start my own blog. For some reason, I thought that it was a lot more complicated than it turned out to be.
                                I’ve always been in the habit of jotting down notes and whatnot in MS Word as I work on a project and and then turning it all into the descriptions that I add when I post a layout. Once I realized that all I had to do was copy this and upload my image, I’ve been updating with every layout.

At the same time, I found that I can keep track of all of the blogs that I follow on Blogger. I scroll through and click on any that interest me each day.
                                I obviously use Facebook for “what’s new” and I still visit SBC for inspiration.
                                As far as Twitter and Instagram, I post when (1) I remember and (2) I have the time, lol.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

GinnyH
                                GinnyH
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

This is all so interesting!
                                  I do agree with the ‘picture’ thing. If the picture doesn’t inspire me, I don’t tend to read any further!
                                  I love Pinterest and I am now addicted to Instagram, again I think its the pictures, it is a quick source of inspiration and you don’t have to write much!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by GinnyH GinnyH.

ginny 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.