Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW August 8th – Themes

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  anniescraps 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What is your favourite theme to Scrap about and why?

ginny πŸ™‚

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Mine is ‘beach’ layouts. I think there are various reasons for this, my favourite colours are blue/ natural colour tones which most beach layouts are. My favourite place is the beach! I love to involve mixed media and beach layouts are fab to get that into, with allsorts of other types of mediums and embellishments like seed beads, shells and pebbles, materials. I get very ‘excited’ over doing a beach layout – LOL! You can guess I loved Bec’s beach layout in the last reveal!

ginny πŸ™‚

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

My favorite theme is “Family”. Everything I do is mostly centered around them. Most of my photos are family pics, be it recent or vintage. My favorite colors to work with are “Fall” colors, but I choose colors and prints that go along with whatever matches the photos. I always get a kick out of how the grandkids react to a LO that is about them!

Kimberly
          Kimberly
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

My favorite theme is friends, family or pets/animals. My favorite color to use is lavender.

Bec
            Bec
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I’m with you on the beach layout Ginny, they are definitely my favourite layout theme to make. Luckerly we only live an hour from some amazing beaches so I always have beach photos.
              Next fav is to make layouts from close up portrait photos.

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I would have to say vintage or girly layouts are my favorite to do. I love being able to add all the fun embellishments. Of course you know Pink is my favorite color to use, so it kinda falls right into that. Yes pink is an easy color to use with vintage. Try it, it works perfectly with browns.

I also don’t mind doing masculine layouts, just because they are a challenge for me. Trying to find what I think are the right embellishments. I do have to say, most of the time I seem to get it right.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

anniescraps
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Pictures of my children and grandchildren. It always takes me back, and then it brings me forward. I love greens, blues and browns. I never seem to get away from those colors…lol

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Uh, do you know, I don’t really have a favorite.
                    I have photos that I MUST scrap – some of my grandchildren, some old family pictures – but even that depends on the materials that I have on hand.
                    Somehow, colors, patterns, even embellies can remind me of certain photos and it all follows from there.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                    msjan1
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Hmmm. I don’t think I have a favorite either. I will say I don’t much care for Christmas theme. So hard to scrap for me. Don’t always like the colors or Christmas colors don’t match the pictures.
                      I like scrapping girly stuff more than masculine. Although masculine is fun to get grungy with!

anniescraps
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Jan, you know whats funny is that I haven’t really scrapped Christmas either. What’s really ironic is that I have a TON of supplies for Christmas and haven’t touched them…lol I’m talking 2 decorator boxes of embellies and stickers stuff (Jole”s type) and ribbon oh my… 2 plastic totes, and I can’t forget the paper…OMG!!! I’m talking another plastic tote PLUS the stack that’s sitting on top of it. I can’t forget the stamps and the cricut cartridges. I’m really making myself sick here. I actually LOVE Christmas, decorating, traditions and picture taking but haven’t seemed to be able to scrap it…lol

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Yes, I have a crap ton of Christmas paper, embellies, and Cricut carts, too. But, the pictures never look good unless they are posed. I dunno. I’ll try to do better this year with the pictures and see if that helps. And, I do love Christmas!

droopidog
                          droopidog
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I have tons of Christmas pictures and supplies. I just never make the time to scrap them. I always seem to want to scrap something else instead. I do love Christmas, maybe I just don’t enjoy scrapping it. Probably because the pictures are all the same. Dh and I opening gifts, plus the pictures he takes of me are always terrible.

Kim
                            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I hear you all about Christmas. I usually manage to get one or two layouts done, the rest just goes on the “next year’s cards” pile.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

GinnyH
                              GinnyH
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

The trouble with my Christmas photos is that everyone in the photos always wear colours that don’t go with Christmas paper colours, I suppose I will have to change them all to black and white where the photo quality is good enough!

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by GinnyH GinnyH.

ginny πŸ™‚

Bec
                                Bec
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I’m not a fan of xmas scrapping either. For the same reason as Ginny, my photos are never very good. I’m really picky about the photos I scrap, I olny scrap my fav ones and xmas photos don’t make the cut. I brought a santa hat for sophie last year so I could get some nice xmas photos but she refused to wear it ? I’ll have a baby to dress up this xmas though and he’ll be to little to complain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.