Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – Blogs

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Do you still read them or just look at the photos? Has Facebook and Pinterest replaced blogs in your opinion How many of you comment on blogs?

It seems like blogs are not as popular to me. I can find just about everything I want on Facebook or Pinterest. I used to spend lots of time on blogs but even my own blog doesn't get as much attention.

Tell me what you think.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I do blogs more than I do the others, but still do them all.

Snagg1
        Send PM

I love blogs because you can get an indepth look at the project, and the story behind it. My blog will also have a bit of info about my life as well, be it the weather or a movie we watched. Something my kids did that sorta thing. I feel it's more personal. Yup I read them 🙂

I just do blogs. But, I am sort of a dinosaur when it comes to social media. Mostly I just look at the photos, but every now and then, I spend time really reading them. Really, Swirlydoos and my personal facebook stuff is about all I keep up with. I just don't get much more computer time in than that.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

The only time I read blogs is when I get side tracked when I'm about to create a blog post. I don't leave comments and I feel like a jerk…lol! I get very little traffic on my blog.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I'm with you Ang! Love to scroll through blogs, but often don't leave a comment. I know it is not nice. ANd though be have been forced to use FB….LOL (in a good way that is) I see the most amazing projects come by. So I don't visit blogs that much anymore.

I read some blogs but I also leave comments on some. I signed up with bloglovin and follow them that way. I follow over 300 blogs. I read but don't comment. I would rather read blogs than facebook but everybody seems to be headed to FB.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have never been one to spend alot of time looking at blogs,youtube or anything else for tht matter. I would rather spend my time on my own creations. I used to spend a little time at SB.com but i don't do that anymore either . What time I spend online, is on Facebook. Seems a fast and easy way to see alot and leave some comments.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

The problem is time, I think.
              I do like to scan blogs and if something strikes my eye, I may slow down and read the text. Quite often, I'll go to a blog for details when I want to know more about a Facebook posting. Even then, I'm much more apt to like and comment on social media; it's much easier somehow.
              I've also been trying to leave comments over there again and I must say that I can hear my footsteps echo – it's certainly not the lively place it used to be.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

honestly, I still look at blogs now and then, but definitely not like I used to…..I think I must be the ONLY one that doesn't use FB at for scrappy related stuff…..guess I need to take a look at that.
                Me personally, I feel like I am such a noob at the mixed media front, so I admit, I spend alot of time on Youtube watching vids about using different mediums than I do anything else online. That being said, I'm with Maggi – I'm usually wrapped up in my own creations 🙂

Mellisa I spend a lot of time on you tube also. I lea so much there.

I´m a bloglover and FB lover… but I don´t have that much time to spend on surfing cyberspace, so yes I follow several blogs… but don´t leave comments that much… becuse it takes time =/. It´s easier to just push the like botton on FB or Pinterest.

Agreed Maja.

I don't have that much time either, and find Facebook and Pinterest so much easier to use on a phone – I can just pop in for a couple of minutes and give some love. I visit blogs mostly when I'm on my computer, but I have had problems with my blog account for several months now, so I can't always leave comments…

My blog that I had for seven years (!) disappeared a few months ago, so I started a new one. I don't get as many readers or comments on the new one, but that's ok. Maybe people will find it eventually 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I still like to go to some of the blogs, usually to get more info on peoples projects. I must say I'm like some of the others it's easier to look on Facebook & Pinterest. I check out You Tube a lot to see how people have made their projects and tutorials.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.