Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW -Events

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone! Today my question to you is, How do you scrap large events?

With several versions of Project Life out there and so many ways to get large event scrapping done which is the way you choose to do it?

For me, I mix it up. For example, I scrap a highlight photo and then insert additional photos in photo sleeves. I use the 12 x 12 that hold 12- 4×6 photos. (Back to Back) Now my style really isn't Project life type scrapping but this does make it easy to scrap large events in a hurry, especially if you shoot hundreds of photos of that event.

So how do you scrap large events?

I have used some old color blocking templates that you can fill with different size photos and the LO looks very well balanced when done. I can get around 7-8 photos on a page in various sizes. I have also started creating photo collages on pic monkey and printing them off in an 8 X 8 size to use on a LO. I am really liking this, as it is a little less time consuming.

Depends on the event. We had a family reunion in 2004, and before everyone left we copied all the cameras onto CDs for everyone. I ended up with 2 full albums of pictures from the event. Since we have only done this once I'm glad to have all the memories and photos, and it was cool to see what everyone else chose to take pictures of.

Aside from that, I have 2 albums full of pictures from Disneyland in 2005, when they celebrated their 50th anniversary.

I think those are the only 2 'big' events I've had, aside from my wedding (which I'm still working on).

Things like Christmas are usually around 6-8 pages, depending on photos.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Other than an album I made, I really haven't done big event scrapping but for the individual lo's I've done. I personally am not into project life, though doing a lo of a photo, then putting several others in a sleeve just might be a good idea for me considering my daughter's wedding produced a gazillion pics 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I haven't scrapped any large events in years now. Just haven't made the time to do it. That's why I'm really intrigued with Project Life and am planning to give it a try. I like your idea of a highlight photo Deb, as there always does seem to be a special photo that you'd like to set apart.

I've bought a pack of Project Life type cards to do our cruise vacation, so I'll be trying this out pretty soon!

I got a project life box set of everything and the album to use over a year ago thinking I would love it and it would be really useful….. and its still sat there in the boxes!! I just cant seem to get enthusiastic over something that I cant cover in gesso, paste, spray, flowers, cheesecloth, chipboard, paint, ….or be lost in some kind of completely messy creative piece of art!!!!
        Apologies to all project life fans 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I haven't done any big event scrapping in a long long time, when I did I was more of a flat scrapper and used several pics on a page as well as two page LOs, it worked, it was a good way to get those pictures done.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I havent done any BIG EVENT stuff in a REALLY long time. I have SO got to get busy… But I do remember doing a couple of 2 page layouts with the photos I absolutely HAD to use, then I would partially adhere a 2nd 12×12 paper to the back side of my background and put the other MOOST SAVE photos in those pockets to keep them readily available while cruising down memory lane

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I haven't done any big event scrapping in a long long time, when I did I was more of a flat scrapper and used several pics on a page as well as two page LOs, it worked, it was a good way to get those pictures done.

I'm like Maggi, I use to be a flat scrapper and would put two or three photos to a page and also doing 2 page layouts. Now I'm more of the shabby chic type of scrapbooker and do mostly one photo layouts. This may change as I'm going to be scrapping photos from our daughters wedding so there will be lots of photos to scrap!

Such a variety…It seems like since our kids have grown up I have a lot more photos. Weddings, Babies and so many other fun events. We were informed that the couple in the weddingp hotos I've been scrapping will be having our 8th grandchild in Marsh. We are ecstatic!!Another major event in our lives. Probably why I have 50 scrapbooks.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Congrats Deb! 8 WOW! I have my two and they're so grown up already at 10 and 12.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Somehow, I can't do events. I try and I try and I just get frustrated.
                  I have done minis picking and choosing photos and although they take me forever and end up fatter than fat and without much joualing, I do like the ones that I've finished.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Oh, I forgot all about minis! I have done a few of those for big events as well!

Mini's are a great way to scrap events!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

But I still fudge about joualing.
                      Last fall, I made a mini for my DIL commemorating the birth of the latest additions to the family. I just now realized that I failed to include even the basics: who, what, when, where…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.