Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – Failed layouts

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Does anyone else than me make these faild layouts now and then?

If, what do you do with them? Do you save them? Or do you slaughter them and try to save the embellisments and photo?

I slaughter them!! Try to save what can be saved and throw the rest in the rubbish bin. For me it´s only paper.. I can make a new one a better one ;)

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

YES! I actually did that on my sketch challenge entry – the idea I had TOTALLY did NOT work at all and ended up destroying one of the BFS papers – WAIL! lol

but anyways, yes it happens, BUT I do both. Sometimes I can save the layout – either by changing the design or painting over it, others I cannot and I just try to salvage what I can from it and move on to a new canvas

GESSO is my friend! ;D

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Gesso is a friend of mine too ;). Smaller mistakes are easy to fix with Gesso =)

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I usually try to fix them but if that's not possible I try to save what I can from the mess and start again.

If they are really bad I take them apart, but if they aren't that bad I try to save them. I have found several times that work I'm not very satisfied with, others seem to like a lot ;)

I don't think I've ever just thrown a LO away. I always find someway to salvage it.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Luckily I don't have a lot of these, but I usually keep it and say what a piece of shit this is! Lol! I should pull what I can off and just trash and start again, but somehow the thought of destroying the paper even though the lo sucks kills me ;)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have only completely given up on maybe 2 layouts, usually I keep at it until it is at least acceptable. I'm just so stubbo that i refuse to give up and have been known to work a layout for 2 days trying to rectify it. I should throw it away and be done with it instead of wasting all that time!!

I have one totally epic failure to claim, it was an art joual page that truely was beyond horrendous, it is lovingly known as the fes and Peggy and the Kathy's can attest to its hideousness!! I kept it long enough to share with them, all for a good laugh and then in the trash it went. I don't know why I chose to share such an embarrassing piece of work, LOL!! But if you hear us talk about the FERNs you will know it is really really bad!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I took a hammer to a sewing machine once, so you can guess where I stand on crafts that don't work. Ripping it to shreds feels really, really good.

I have tossed a couple, but that was a long time ago. Normally, if it starts to go south, I put it to the side and start a new one.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have one sitting that started to go bad. I still haven't figured out how to fix it. They rest I have just keep and vowed never to show them to anyone.

I took a hammer to a sewing machine once, so you can guess where I stand on crafts that don't work. Ripping it to shreds feels really, really good.

LOL… that could be me too ;)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

If a page goes wrong I tear it apart. I've only had to do this a few times.

Leave it alone for a few months then come back to pull apart and add new product.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I trash mine too and save the embellishments and photo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.