Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – Ink Blending tools

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

If you have or use distress inks a lot, you probably have an ink blending tool. And if you are anything like me (come on, I know you are) you have MULTIPLE ones. Do you have Original ones or home made ones? And how do you store them?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have the original and the new mini ones. I am loving the mini ones.

I keep my tools in the same basket with my inks. I keep the square pads in the box keeper you did a tutorial on a few years ago for NSD. I love it and get so many comments on it when I got to a crop.

That is awesome Kim! It was a fun tut, wasn't it?!
      I do have 2 of the mini's but haven't used them that much.
      I'm still in love with the rectangle ones. But if going to a crop, I think I rather would bring the mini's.

I have all TH ink blending tools, the big and mini ones. Love them. I usually store the pads in a small ziplock baggie with the ink pad of the same color. I don't own all of the colors of ink, just the ones I usually use.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

That is awesome Kim! It was a fun tut, wasn't it?!
        I do have 2 of the mini's but haven't used them that much.
        I'm still in love with the rectangle ones. But if going to a crop, I think I rather would bring the mini's.

It was a fun tut. i think you should bring it back for all the newbies.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I just have the square ones and I keep them on my craft cart which I wheel out to my kitchen table to do layouts because my craft room is still to messy, I am trying to get organized (taking forever)

I want to see the box keeper tutorial! I copied Timmy and found a couple of vintage stamp holders in antique stores, but they're taking up a lot of space. Please show us your secret, Paulien.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I also have the original ones, and would love to see the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

What's an ink-blending tool?

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Donna these are the blending tools that we use:

[img:width=130&height=170]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1428408452_41_FT260319_ibt23616_small.jpg[/img]
                [img:width=130&height=170]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1428408452_41_FT260319_ibt40965_small.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I use both of the blending tools but I am beginning to like the mini better

I don't have any minis! Oh I need a couple of those!

I use the originals and I have a stamp holder for them. I have 6 because that is how many slots I have on the little rack.

Thank you Kathi for showing them to Donna.

Like I said, I have a couple of the originals, but found them quit expensive. So I set my creative mind at work and came up with these:
                  IMG_3120m_zpsgavm4wom.jpg

I have 1 for every color Distress ink and have them hanging on my wall. Kees made this rack for me, which I'm very happy with. It is hanging above my work station:
                  IMG_3113m600m_zpsju0btqxp.jpg

As for storage my Distress inks: I have them in a ArtBin:
                  IMG_3118m_zpsyv8t99f7.jpg
                  I made some deviders in it to keep them for shuffling around. Here's a pic on how easy it is to store them when the box is closed.
                  IMG_3119m_zpso3coeoqk.jpg

To come back at the Blending Foam Storage Binder, which Kim mentioned… I've been spending 2 hours in the forum to search for the Original post, but for the life of me… I can't find the post. Soooooooooooo
                  Here's a link to my blog post from then:
                  http://paulienvandenbosch.blogspot.nl/2012/02/what-fun-day-we-had.html

And here's a link to the Youtube video I made on it:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glAXLdjdZYs

Hope this is handy. Of course, because of the new releases of Distress inks, the measurements need to be adjusted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.