Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – Left overs

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi! Sorry for being a bit late posting this… Reveal day made me forget %-6

Anyway… This weekend I was cleaning up my scraproom… and realized that I´m such a hoarder… anyone else know what I´m talking about ;)

Now my question is:

What do you do with your scrap left overs? When do you decide to let go of things?

I went through my piles of pp this weekend and all the papers that were more than 3 years old went in boxes to my kids school. I also gave away lots of ribbons and embellishment that just have been laying in my drawers for years. Felt good! Now it´s easier to find what I want when I create.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My lss has a yearly garage sale. I normally sell my older stuff there. they didn't have one this year, so I have stuff sitting in a box looking for a good home. I also send out RAKS.

I need to do another purge. It seems no matter how much I purge, there is still a ton of stuff left.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have containers and containers of little leftovers from projects. I actually wi grab a handful and create with them. I gave all my scraps to my kids' school and that's about it. I save EVERYTHING. lol

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I need to do another purge. It seems no matter how much I purge, there is still a ton of stuff left.

My scraps are still in storage – BUT – I have purged in the past, but it's not like you'd ever know – there's still always more lol

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I give to my daughters school regularly – and they love it! I also give to my mother, who is a preschool teacher. My dd and her friends gets lots of stuff too. Dd loves to put kits together and give to her friends, and she loves when I make kits for her to use too 🙂

I have also held scrapbook classes at my work a couple of times, and then I put together kits (each different of course) and only charged a few dollars for glue and cardstock. Very much appreciated by my co-workers! And my dh was happy that some of my stuff left home ;D

I try to throw away leftovers smaller than 6 unless I'm using a kit. I keep hoping my old papers (some of them at least 10 years old) will become antiques and be worth something. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I save most all of my scraps and use them to cut leaves and flowers. Periodically I go thru and toss the oldest scraps that have been around for several years.

I save them! And then finally when I am ready to part with them…. lol… No. The tiny scraps I do save and I try to make card from them. When they are sitting to long in the left-over container, I toss them or make some die cut flowers out of them. Good pieces of PP- I mean some that you can actually bild a page with, go to my daughter. Same goes for sticker or rubon's left overs.

Snagg1
              Send PM

A great place to use your hoard is Gloria Stengel's challenge site Craft Hoarders Anonymous which I also happen to be guest designing for this month ;) http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com

I have one of those tall rubbermaids next to my desk, and the middle draw is dedicated to scraps, and I have a crapload of em! I do go in to make flowers or butterflies, if it's smaller than 4 in the trash it goes, BUT, I really need to make a boat load of cards and keep them on hand. One of these days I'll dedicate a few hours to card making. I purge, but not my paper, and G45 scraps stay seperated from all the rest. I keep them together.

I have accepted the fact that I am unabashedly a hoarder of all thing papercrafting and if there's a cure I don't want it :p

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cool Paula…going to check it out…Congrats! Awesome to be guest designing…WooHoo!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I'm terrible for hoarding my scraps, but I'm getting a little better. A lot of my scraps go in a box for my grand kids when they're here.

Paula congrats on the quest design spot!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Paulien is our inspiration when it comes to using scraps; I've been using her ideas to make cards and tags with my left over bits and pieces.

As for the rest of my hoard:
                    Actually, I've cut back a lot on my oh I NEED that! buying when in the presence of shiny things, so my piles and piles of dust-gathering stuff aren't as bad as they used to be.

I do purge once a year – part of the Spring cleaning – and I donate the resulting box to a local Senior Citizen center.

Paula – congratulations!!!!

I do my best to use all my scraps as I'm scrapping. I rarely have any left but when I do I keep them in a plastic container and use them for ATC's and cards. As I'm scrapping layouts I usually just keep going until everything is gone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.