Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW Nov 28th

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    GinnyH
    GinnyH
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So I’m interested to know from you all, how many layouts do you make on average a month? Do you just do Swirlydoos layouts or do you do other layouts, that maybe you don’t put on social media as they’re not from a kit? When your kit is finished what do you do then? Wait for the next kit or go find something in your stash to keep you amused?

ginny 🙂

GinnyH
      GinnyH
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

My mum is always agast (in a nice way) at the amount of layouts I do in a month! She would be the first to admit she is a slow scrapbooker and takes her time to think everything through. Me on the other hand can do a ‘swirly’ style layout in an hour and do 2/3 layouts in a day at the weekend if I’m at home.
        I do 4/5 layouts a month for Swirlydoos and like other DT members do a couple more layouts a month for other DT work. I then (if the mojo is flowing) I also like to do other layouts for myself that are usually the photos that don’t fit into ‘swirly’ layouts. This month I have done 2 extra layouts which will probably be my lot as I’m now in full swing with the Swirlydoos November kit!
        So this month its 9 layouts.
        And if my kit runs out I go find something else!!

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by GinnyH GinnyH.

ginny 🙂

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Good question, Ginny!

I typically get around 6 layouts, sometimes up to 8 or 9 with a Swirly kit. I try to do all the Swirly challenges each month. Then, depending on the paper we get in the kit I will look to see if the manufacturer of the paper is having a monthly challenge and enter that. Prima, Blue Fern, 7 Dots, Creative Embellishments are a few that have monthly challenges.

Yes, I do some layouts after the kit is gone if I’ve got a picture I just need to scrap. Or, maybe, I have a gift layout to make or I see some challenge somewhere I want to do. Most layouts are published to my blog at least. But, there are some that are not even on my blog (gifts, or just not masterpieces worthy of the photo editing process! kwim?)

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Since I have to rush through my kit in order to have projects for reveal, I do go to old kits from years ago to scrap the rest of the month. Sometimes I just play around with new techniques so I can use them on layouts when the next kit comes. Or, make a canvas! They are so fun!

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Hmmm. I have been in a bit of a funk lately, so I haven’t done anything. But, usually, I get 4 or 5 done a month, almost always with Swirly kits. Sometimes, I will look for papers that are themed for the kids sports pictures and I do have some more masculine papers that I will use for my guy photos, if I have just gotten a new batch of pics to work with. These are LO’s that I do just for my personal albums and don’t usually post.

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I scrap with everything. I have so much paper that I love, that once I am done with my Swirly kit I try to dive into my other papers. I could scrap for years and not need another piece of paper. I’m like Ginny on a good scrappy day, I can crank out 2-3 layouts.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

StephD
                StephD
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Wow you guys are busy scrappers 2 to 3 layouts a day! I think I’ve been doing good with the many layouts I’ve been doing for our grandson’s first year book that I’m doing for the kids for Christmas. I think I’m managing with 1 layout a week.

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I guess it depends on (1)the kit and (2)me and my mojo.
                    Lately, I’ve been coming up with 5 – 6 layouts and maybe an OTP project. I also manage to make a few cards with the scraps before packing any leftovers away.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

anniescraps
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

You ladies are sure busy! Up until my shoulder issue I was able to do 4-6 a month. I tend to take my time. I like to sit and settle in my craft room with a good cup of coffee and just enjoy my time.

GinnyH
                      GinnyH
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

How is your shoulder Ann?

ginny 🙂

anniescraps
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I’m on the mend! and feeling MARVELOUS!!! I am so ready to play again!!

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.