Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – style

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Willea
    Willea
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

Hi ladies! This weeks question is about style – how do you think others would describe your style?

I often say that my scrappy style is romantic, shabby and with a touch of vintage. But I don’t know if others would use all those words. I don’t do vintage as much anymore, instead I use more mixed media.

I think others would describe my work as romantic, elegant and with a touch of shabby 😉
      (And some people probably think “too much” since I tend to overdecorate 😉 )

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

My dear you do NOT overdecorate – your work is amazing!!!!

As for me, I guess it depends on the paper and the photo, I do seem to be all over the place, doing whatever comes to me at the time. (I confess to making it up as I go along most of the time!)

I love distressing, so let’s say shabby.
        I love using old family photos, so let’s say vintage.
        And I love mixed media and playing with various textures and stamps!!!
        Oh, and flowers!!! I just finished a layout that had no flowers at all and it seemed “just right”, but yeah, most of my layouts, even the masculine ones seem to contain flowers. I guess it’s just the Savage in me 😉

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Paulien
        Paulien
        Swirly Moderator
          Send PM

I still think that that is a difficult question to answer. I don’t think I fit in on one style particulary. (sp) As of the comments that I get, most ladies use the word soft, but that’s not a style right? so…. I can only say,
          “a little bit of everything”

Maggi43
          Maggi43
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I agree Paulien, it is such a difficult question to answer and as for me, I don’t have a clue, cause I do all kinds of styles. I do alot of vintage and add shabby touches to that. I am leaning towards simpler these days cause I have gotten tired of distressing, love the look, just tired of doing it. I do the occasional shabby chic with all the soft colors and distressed. With g 45 I usually go for the bold but simpler look.

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Hmmmmm…I don’t know. Swirly style? Maybe shabby but I do grunge and minimalist too. Just depends on the mood, the picture and the challenge.

Willea
              Willea
              Swirly Moderator
                Send PM

Swirly style! Love that 🙂

I know questions about style is difficult, but still it can be easy to spot different designers work when you see it 🙂

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Yes, it can!!!
                  But I don’t know if it’s style, or just the things that some designers do over and over again – not style so much as design elements, if that makes sense.

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Yeah, I agree with you, Peggy. I see certain things and know who did it even though the style may be the same as several others. I know there are elements I use a lot which identify my work personally= banners, for example.

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I love doing shabby, vintage looking LO’s. When I do masculine LO’s I tend to do flatter, rustic looking LO’s. With the younger grandkids, I sometimes work in a cutesy LO, but not near as often. My sister says she can always tell my LO’s because they have a garden on them! LOL! Gotta use that flower supply up somehow! LOL!

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

A garden! lol!

Willea
                        Willea
                        Swirly Moderator
                          Send PM

Hehe, Garden Style – fabulous description!! I think that’s my style too 🙂

Peggy
                          Peggy
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

LOL, Cheryl!!! Love it!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.