Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – titles

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

One thing I often struggle with is the title of a layout. I have used cute and sweet and my kids names and ages just so many times! (thankfully they soon have birthdays, so I can make four new layouts – 13, 9, thirteen and nine LOL).

Give me some of your fav titles – I need tips!! πŸ™‚

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Most of my layouts are untitled. If I have an embellishment that has words on it that fit the photo, they serve as my title. Otherwise, no title.

Fab idea, Kim! I often use little stickers, chipboard titles and other things to make this easier. Maybe I should make more stuff without titles then πŸ™‚

I like putting titles on LO's, but I am not very clever in that department! LOL! I have a couple of book full of quotes and titles that I look through for inspiration. Sometimes, when I am designing a LO, I forget until it is too late! Then I try to use small letter stickers or tiles to make a small title that doesn't take away from the design.

I used to be so good at titles, but I need more inspiration too! I do love my mini word and phrase stickers.

My older layouts have HUGE titles, like half the page was title, but I was so into Thickers, I had to use them! Remember those enormous Tim Holtz grunge alphas? LOL I was like, YES! But now I like tiny titles.

I have a hard time with them too. Not only to come up with one, also the placement.

I struggle with the titles too…. It was easier to put title on pages when I started with scrapbooking because I always wanted to tell a story or document something special… Now I mostly create for the fun of it… and the title donΒ΄t get that much focus.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I usually always have a title on my layouts. Sometimes they might be an embellishment with a message on it or one that I make up myself that goes with the photo or memory.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

LOL, this topic is right up my alley.
          When I started scrapping, I DID put titles on everything, mostly because I thought that I was supposed to.
          As time went by and I focused more on telling my story with the design and embellies, etc., the thought of adding a title to the page sort of went out the window. Now, even when I'm following a sketch, I'm pretty bad when it comes to remembering until the page is almost done and it's too late.
          I DO have a title for each layout, though. It sort of pops in my head when I choose a photo and think about how I want to scrap it.

I don't tend to do one-off pages very much, so while I may have *a* title page, most of them will not have a title. I try to always note names, date and place on the front of each page though, even if that's all the joualing they get.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I like for my pages to have a title, BUT I am horrible at thinking up titles and for a title to work I have to plan it into the page at the beginning. Otherwise I finish up the page, and go woops, there' no room for my title!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'm kind of a mix of everything here. Sometimes I don't do titles, sometimes I use word stickers or text embellies, sometimes I like a clever title.

One of my favorite titles was Look hoo's friends using Kaisercraft's Tiny Woods collection. Of course it had owls on the page. (I love cheesy titles)

Here are some of my favs:

You are my Home (the hubby)

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1416366670_572_FT252562_youremyhome_.jpg[/img]

All Growed up (My oldest son)

[img:width=600&height=605]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1416366897_572_FT252562_allgrowedup_copy_.jpg[/img]

Dead eye (Colin shooting a 22)

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1416367114_572_FT252562_deadeye_.jpg[/img]

Birds of a Feather (Photo of my twins)

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1416367152_572_FT252562_birdsofafeather_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Awesome layouts, Andie! The titles are great.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I think you've got some great titles Andie and I love the layouts!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Most of my layouts are untitled. If I have an embellishment that has words on it that fit the photo, they serve as my title. Otherwise, no title.

I do this also!
                  Or the more generic…Beautiful…blah blah blah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.