Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW – What makes you begin..

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

When you sit there getting started with a projects… what do you begin with… and what is the last thing you do?
    Do you have a plan when you create or do you just begin and let the creative flow take over?

For me I have a color scheme in my head or a picture of what I want to do…. Then I start with the flowers! After that papers, mediums and other embellisments I want to use.
    When I begin I just lose myself in that creative process and almost everytime I end up somewhere else than I planned at start. My last touches are stamps and/or pearls.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

it all depends with me, sometimes it's color – other times it's a particular media – other times – I start with a background.

Most of the time though, I usually default to starting with a particular sheet of paper and design idea and just go with the flow.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I usually start with my photo and go from there. Sometimes I'll see some papers and just think that would be perfect for a photo I have.

I am similar to Steph. I usually start with my photo. Then I pick the paper. Where I want the photo to go….then I tu to all the embellishments. I usually lay it out then pull it off to do the sprays and texture then incorporate what I had placed before. I wish I took the time to sketch my layouts more. I just get to impatient. 🙂

What I start with varies. It could be a photo, a colorway, paper, whatever. I usually have something in mind, but it often tus out very different from what I envisioned.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

It's either the phot or the papers. If I am doing DT work, I usually start with papers and match photos to the papers, if just scrapping for fun, I usually start with photos and find papers that work with the photos

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

For me goes the same as Maggi.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm the same as Maggi and Paulien as well. What do they say, great minds think alike.

I start with the papers and then add the photo. I almost always use a rough draft sketch. The flowers are always the last thing I add.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Great question!!!

I have a ton of pics and I keep my moost scraps in a separate folder in my pictures. I also have a pretty good idea of what's in my horribly disorganized pile of snapshots.

Once I get my kit, I pick the photos that I want to use out of all that.

When I create with kits, I mostly start with the papers, but sometimes the embellies. When I create for Dusty Attic, I always start with the chippies 🙂 . I rarely start with the photo, for me scrapbooking is more art than preserving memories. If I have a favorite photo, I can use it several times.

The last thing I do is often adding gesso on top of everything, sometimes mist too. I can also add flowers for hours 🙂

Snagg1
                Send PM

I usually have something floating around my noggin. Often I fly by the seat of my pants, but as of late, I find myself doing a sketch to help me move faster.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I rarely start with the photo, for me scrapbooking is more art than preserving memories. If I have a favorite photo, I can use it several times.

Ya know, I always thought I was the only one that would reuse a photo over and over again – but I've noticed in the last cpl years, I've scrapped less and less photos – scrapping to me has tued more into artistic release as well

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

[quote]
                    I rarely start with the photo, for me scrapbooking is more art than preserving memories. If I have a favorite photo, I can use it several times.

Ya know, I always thought I was the only one that would reuse a photo over and over again – but I've noticed in the last cpl years, I've scrapped less and less photos – scrapping to me has tued more into artistic release as well
                    [/quote]
                    I will re-use a photo as well. Especially if the papers are calling for a specific type of photo.

I usually start with the picture still. I might have an idea, but if I don't have the picture to go with it, it goes on the back buer.

My method might be a bit different once I get back into scrapping like I used to, but it might take a while.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.