Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-What's the coolest…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by msjan1 msjan1 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

scrapbooking trick that you’ve learned?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Well, that DOES require some thought!!! The coolest? Honestly, it’s something so simple, but it makes such a difference: layering. Not just piling one thing on top of another, but layering with dimension by using packaging or foam tape to actually raise the elements. Not only does this (along with a bit of distressing and inking) give my pages a more completed look, but it gives me plenty of room to tuck in bits and bobs!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
        RAE
        Swirly Moderator
          Send PM

Yep, I LOVE that, Peggy!

I have two. One is from Robin- take pictures as you design! I take at least 10 pics while I design every project. It gives you great perspective to look at your options before you glue everything down.

The other is faux stitching- love the look, hate the work of sewing.

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Yes, I love your faux stitching. THAT takes a ton of patience, doesn’t it?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love Rae’s faux stitching! I have tried it a time or two, but I need to keep practicing! Another really cool scrapbooking trick I learned from Jan. She showed us how to make paper ruffles to trim around circles. I have used that technique so many times! Love it!

RAE
              RAE
              Swirly Moderator
                Send PM

So true, Cheryl! I love Jan’s mitering technique. I do use that often as well.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thank you!

Well, Rae, I’m surprised because I thought that was real stitching on your rolled card! So, how did you do it?

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Maggie shared one trick awhile back. Rather than fussy cut, paint with water and then the paper tears right where you painted.

RAE
                    RAE
                    Swirly Moderator
                      Send PM

Thank you!

Well, Rae, I’m surprised because I thought that was real stitching on your rolled card! So, how did you do it?

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-422039″ style=”display: none;”>msjan1</span>Quote

LOL! HELL NO! I don’t have the patience. I use one of those little sewing wheels that make holes, then I poke each hole with a paper piercer to make it bigger, then just drag a marker to trace the holes. 🙂

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

Maggie shared one trick awhile back. Rather than fussy cut, paint with water and then the paper tears right where you painted.

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-422040″ style=”display: none;”>msjan1</span>Quote

That is a good idea.

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Really?! I love that idea, Rae! Now I wanna try it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.