Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQOTW-Which layout means the most…

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Kimberly Kimberly 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

to you and why? Share your most meaningful layout with us here and tell us why.

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Great question Jan. I’ll have to put my thinking cap on for this one

Andiepants04
        Andiepants04
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Most meaningful…hmmmmm

"I'm so crafty I make people."

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have a couple. Let me go searching.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Ok, here is one. Some of you may remember this layout and this time in our lives. It’s when Armand got sick. It just shows how precious life is and how lucky we were that the outcome was favorable.

Other than the scar, which is pretty faint now and the slight bubble he has (yes, I call him bubblehead sometimes) he has no residual side effects.

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

StephD
              StephD
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Wow Kim, no idea what exactly happened to your dh but by the photo it looks like he was a very lucky man.I can understand why this layout means the most to you!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

Bec
                Bec
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I love this layout Kim. I’m glad your hubby is all good now

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Good one, Kim. I do remember this now that you reminded us. And, the meaning of your page is important to us all. tfs.

Bec
                    Bec
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

This is a canvas instead of a layout but the reason it means so much to me is because I made it for my Mum to take to her in hospital after her surgery for bowel cancer. Although she is now without her bowel, she’s all good, cancer free and back to her normal self 😀

null

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Kim, I DO remember this. I’m pretty sure that you scrapped it for a challenge about what we’re most thankful for.

Bec, this is lovely. I’m so glad that your mother is doing well now…

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I created this for a Round Robin challenge back in 2011. I’m afraid that the story behind it is pretty wordy, and I apologize.

(From my original posting)I ask for your indulgence while I tell a bit of back story… About 20 years ago, my husband and I started taking “us” vacations, short ones at first and always to the Caribbean. We went to Paradise Island in the Bahamas and stayed at a budget hotel to make this affordable. Nothing fancy, just lazing in the sun and going into the water for the most part, with a walk into Nassau to pick up small gifts in the Straw Market. We returned the following year and this time, it rained every day save one. Those of you who know me know that I have a tendency to shrug off that kind of disappointment with “whatever, life happens, this should be the worst that ever happens, etc.” This is one trait that we did not have in common; he was really, really upset because he had so wanted to be soaking up the sun. The following year, our travel agent suggested Aruba as a destination with very little rain. We went and we fell in love: with the climate, with the beaches, with the food and, most of all, with the people. We booked again the following year and the year after that. As time went on, we did go to different islands off and on, but as nice as they were (some of them more than nice, but perfectly wonderful), we would end up kicking ourselves for not spending our precious vacation time in the place that we loved so much.
                          After a few years of this, Aruba became our permanent destination: we purchased 3 consecutive weeks of time-share for the end of July into August. As time went on and as we got to know our fellow time-share holders, we and they developed some traditions: lunch at Charlie’s Bar, drinks at the Hyatt, trips into downtown for the annual Jazz Fest, Sunday brunch as a group, a cookout at Baby Beach… More and more, this island felt like home to us. We had started saving toward the purchase of a house in the interior of the island as a place for our retirement.
                          Then, as I mentioned above, life happened. My husband was diagnosed with Cancer in 2005. He received chemotherapy and it seemed to work. He was able to stay at his job throughout and went into remission. We went back on vacation in 2006 and he was fine the first 2 weeks and then the pain began. He would not hear of going home early, but had no appetite and could not sleep at night. When we returned the oncologist sent him in for radiation therapy, but his condition worsened and we spent our 38th anniversary signing him into the hospital. He died 6 weeks later.
                          Anyway, this layout celebrates the wonderful memories that I have of being with the man I love in a place I love, and the feeling of contentment that we shared.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Bec, that photo has to brighten her day whenever she looks at it. Such happy faces!

Peggy, thank you for sharing this lo and the story. I don’t remember reading your original post about this. How amazing to read of all your vacations and your plans to buy a house there! Wow! I am glad you made all those memories with your man. Love you, dear Pegs.

Bec
                            Bec
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Touching story Peggy, the layout is a wonderful memory

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Bec your layout is beautiful and so glad to hear your Mom is doing so well!

Peggy my heart just aches reading your story. So nice to have the wonderful memories you created with the man you loved so much!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

GinnyH
                                GinnyH
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Whoa what meaningful layouts, really makes you think. Life is so precious.

ginny 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.