Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW SQTW – 7/19/2011 Are you a green scrapper?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I'm going to submit the question for Robin this week. She has more pressing things to deal with today. 🙂 Are you a green scrapper? Do you like to recycle items on your page? If so, what and how?

I would have to say that I am NOT a very green scrapper! I don't even know what that means. :p

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have a box full of packaging that I never think to use. 🙁 (
        However, I do use the cellophane and paper bags and filler for my dirty work. The cellophane is perfect for small amounts of glue and stickles etc. I use the paper to catch ink as I distress and spray. That DOES get recycled as flowers when I'm satisfied with the colors.

I'm thinking like Peggy! Maybe a green-ish scrapper 🙂 And it's very difficult for me to throw out pretty packaging. I've got a lot of plastic saved up after I saw Timmy emboss it. I just hate to throw stuff away, after all, I might need it someday, haha!

Well, I do save the big flat plastic pieces from packaging to use for projects, but other than that… not so much. I don't really get into the using recycled items on layouts thing for my pages. If it's a project, not a layout, I may use something that caught my eye but all in all I'd say nope.

I'm not a very green scrapper. I have saved some Prima packaging, but really haven't used it yet.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I could be greener, but I think I do my part. I save all of my packaging. I keep the plastic because I am too lazy to clean my Ranger mat that often, and the plastic is perfect to use for painting or whatever. When I get done with it, it goes in the recycling. I keep all of the paper, but I occasionally do purge it into the recycling bin. I do use some on my layouts, but I am saving the Prima packs to make a mini album out of it. I've had that in the works for a while, but I haven't really started it yet.

I use the cardboard from my little cases of yogurt!!! It is the perfect size and I have been making butterflies out of the clear plastic pkging and melting them!! SOmewhat a green scrapper. I hate to throw anything away in case I might need it one day.

Where I live you are bued at the stake if you don't recycle. With that said, I have two recycling bins for paper and plastic. All packaging that doesn't get used gets it in there. The only things in my garbage are the dust from my zutter and used wet wipes.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I've used paper bags, pop can tops (those little tabs) as a ribbon clasp. I've seen some people using playing cards, bread bag tag (those little hard plastic tags that keep the plastic closed around your bread), I've also used toilet paper rolls to create paint circle and I cut very thin strips from toilet paper rolls to create little ribbon curls.

Now, if I did this on a regular basis I would consider myself a green scrapper. 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

No, I'm not very green.

Hmmm, I do use the box that the kit comes in though. Does that count :P

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Yes, that counts. I do use boxes as color catchers when I'm spraying. Oh, and chipboard. I use cereal boxes, of course. At each Copic class, we get a 12×12 chipboard square to absorb the ink & I've been using those, too.

hmmm…in general, I recycle. But, on my scrapping-not so much. I have recycled things but not on a regular basis. I, too, save Prima packaging and use it on lo's, plastic, and cardboard from the box. I have used bubblewrap as a stamp, papertowel tube for the same, tags/tickets, ribbons, headphones, game pieces, and brochures.

I must say that Jen is the queen of recycling for scrapping!

Jen takes 'recycling' and 'scrap'ping to a whole new level!!

Not so much recycling, but I do enjoy making my flowers out of scraps. Yes, Jen is the queen of recycling!!! And she makes it look gooooooood!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.