Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Stampers, help me!!!!!!!!!!

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I bought that really cool brick wall that Denise has been using – I hope it's the same one anyway. It is a rubber stamp that is not mounted. What do I use to mount it? I have an acrylic block but it doesn't stick to that , do I need something special and where do I get it if so? Thanks, I def. need help, a stamper, I AM NOT!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

THere is some stuff called Ezmount…or just use double sided tape…lol.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

There is a vinyl cling foam that has glue on one side. It may be the EZ mount that Heather is referring to. The glue side sticks to the stamp and then you can use your acrylic block on the other side. I haven't bought it in years but it worked great on all my unjointed rubber. Only use 2 sided tape if you are permanently adhering it to a wood or other block. Hope thus helps.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

Maggi, is there white paper on the back of the stamp? If so, peel it back and then it will cling to your acrylic block.

A lot of rubber stamps that aren't mounted, come with that protective paper on the back. once you peel it back the rubber is exposed making it so that it will cling.

HTH!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Grrr…double posting. Sorry ya'll

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Maggi, is there white paper on the back of the stamp? If so, peel it back and then it will cling to your acrylic block.

A lot of rubber stamps that aren't mounted, come with that protective paper on the back. once you peel it back the rubber is exposed making it so that it will cling.

HTH!!

Nope, its just plain red rubber. I just got some Heartfelt Creations stamps in the mail, I see what I need now. Will get some EZ Mount.

Thanks for the help everyone.

[quote]

HTH!!

Nope, its just plain red rubber. I just got some Heartfelt Creations stamps in the mail, I see what I need now. Will get some EZ Mount.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Maggi, where'd you get the brick stamp? I want one too.
              [/quote]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Ebay, I've already lost the vendor's name but do a search on brick wall stamp.

Tack it over & over by Aleenes is what I use for all my unmounted rubber stamps and even the ones I removed from wooden blocks. Works great. Bottle about the size of GA.

Tack it over & over by Aleenes is what I use for all my unmounted rubber stamps and even the ones I removed from wooden blocks. Works great. Bottle about the size of GA.

I was going to suggest that. I've used that and the EZ mount. I like the tack it over & over better. It's easier to use to. ;D

Is that Tack it Over and Over the stuff that Ang taught us to make our own glue dots with???? Is that what you're taking about???

Is that Tack it Over and Over the stuff that Ang taught us to make our own glue dots with???? Is that what you're taking about???

I believe so. I've seen it used for glue dots so most likely.

[img:width=400&height=400]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1303524645_24_FT85946_2a92a2deef0c44c8af6e0db02c380563_15635_400.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Cool!!

Putting in the Good to Know File

That's the stuff. You only need a little bit. Smear over the back of the stamp and it works for a looooong time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.