Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Stamping question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Which stamps do you think work better for ur lo's…the clear stamps or the block/rubber stamps? Do you have a preference? For some reason I'm having a hell of a time with my clear stamps losing their 'stickiness' I've kept them clean and stored, but maybe its just me?? :p

Ti gfet the sticky back in clear stamps so they moutn to the block just use some water that helps. To help you stamp better and getter a better inked image. Put some embossing ink on your stamps and the use the color ink of your choice. Embossing ink will make the clear stamps tackier and hold the color ink and it will not affect the color ink pad since embossing ink is clear. Also use a mouse pad or a foam pad of some sort under your paper to stamp on. This will help make your image clearer. Hope these tips help.
    Hugs Tracy

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Tracy, thanks for these tips, all new to me!!!!!
      (Every once in a while, I give mine a good washing with clear shampoo.)

Ditto what Tracy said about the clear stamps.

I have found that the rubber stamps give a crisper image. And, you don't have to have them mounted on the wooden blocks. I took all of mine off the wooden blocks by putting them in the microwave for a few seconds. Then add Aleene's Tack it Over and Over. Then you can just use the stamps on a clear block. I then store them in empty CD cases. Takes up a lot less space.

Tracy and Jan, so smart! Thanks for the tips.

Ditto what Tracy said about the clear stamps.

I have found that the rubber stamps give a crisper image. And, you don't have to have them mounted on the wooden blocks. I took all of mine off the wooden blocks by putting them in the microwave for a few seconds. Then add Aleene's Tack it Over and Over. Then you can just use the stamps on a clear block. I then store them in empty CD cases. Takes up a lot less space.

Me too!

those are some great tips ladies…TFS!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.