Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW Stamps & Dies

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I'll ask it again. How do you store your stamps and dies so they are easily accessible and you will remember what you have?

Okay, I have a spreadsheet that I list all my die sets ( I have over 100 sets). The dies are store in DVD cases. My stamps are stored on stamp storage panel and are in cases. here. My matching dies and stamps are stored together in cases on panels, one side is magnetic. here. This works well for me, but it can get a little pricey.

I don't have the spreadsheet for my dies (envious of that!!!) but I also use those stamp storage panels for my stamps. I unmounted all my stamps last year and am almost done getting them all cleaned off and so I can apply Aleene's Tack It Over & Over glue to the back side. I don't use cusion on mine… just the bare rubber. I need to run to Costco and purchase some 2 binders to hold them all; once that is done it will look so nice!

My die storage is a mix of magnetic panels in a storage case and magnetic folders that Quikutz used to sell for the Revolution dies. If they still made those folders I wouldn't have switched, but now I'm stuck with 2 different storage systems… which irritates me….

And Regina is correct that it can get pricey! I found that I got the best deal for the stamp storage panels by ordering directly from the company, but I was buying 12 packs of them at a time and got free s&h to boot. my local crafting store carries the magnetic die storage panels & cases. I've only bought 2 cases and a couple sets of magnetic panels to date, but I see this becoming expensive if I keep growing the die collection at the rate it grew the last year or so….. (yes, I have a die addiction. It matches my Swirly addiction, paper addiction, stamp addition, inks addiction, all things TH addiction, gelato addiction, Twinkling H2Os addiction…….)

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Mine are in a little box….I don't have very much!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I don't have the spreadsheet for my dies (envious of that!!!) but I also use those stamp storage panels for my stamps. I unmounted all my stamps last year and am almost done getting them all cleaned off and so I can apply Aleene's Tack It Over & Over glue to the back side. I don't use cusion on mine… just the bare rubber. I need to run to Costco and purchase some 2 binders to hold them all; once that is done it will look so nice!

My die storage is a mix of magnetic panels in a storage case and magnetic folders that Quikutz used to sell for the Revolution dies. If they still made those folders I wouldn't have switched, but now I'm stuck with 2 different storage systems… which irritates me….

And Regina is correct that it can get pricey! I found that I got the best deal for the stamp storage panels by ordering directly from the company, but I was buying 12 packs of them at a time and got free s&h to boot. my local crafting store carries the magnetic die storage panels & cases. I've only bought 2 cases and a couple sets of magnetic panels to date, but I see this becoming expensive if I keep growing the die collection at the rate it grew the last year or so….. (yes, I have a die addiction. It matches my Swirly addiction, paper addiction, stamp addition, inks addiction, all things TH addiction, gelato addiction, Twinkling H2Os addiction…….)

So basically your saying your addicted to all things scrappy, lol! I've never heard of the Aleene's Tack It Over & Over glue. So do you just use acrylic blocks for all your stamps now including the ones you unmounted?

Regina I like those binders you gave the link for, thanks!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm kind of like you Angelica, I don't have a whole lot of them but they're in drawers and I tend to forget what I have since they're not in front of me.

[quote]

So basically your saying your addicted to all things scrappy, lol! I've never heard of the Aleene's Tack It Over & Over glue. So do you just use acrylic blocks for all your stamps now including the ones you unmounted?

Regina I like those binders you gave the link for, thanks!
            [/quote]
            Basically…. yep! lol! I get the Tack It Over & Over glue @ Michael's, paint it on the back of my unmounted stamps, and then I get the same effect as using the cling stuff for a lot less $$. And yes, I use acrylic blocks for them. I'm headed on vacation tomorrow moing, but I will try to remember to take some pictures to show you when I'm back in town.

Okay, I have a spreadsheet that I list all my die sets ( I have over 100 sets). The dies are store in DVD cases. My stamps are stored on stamp storage panel and are in cases. [url url=https://www.crafterscompanion.com/EZMount-Stamp-Storage_c_19.html]here[/url]. My matching dies and stamps are stored together in cases on panels, one side is magnetic. [url url=https://www.crafterscompanion.com/EZMagnetic-Storage-System_c_181.html]here[/url]. This works well for me, but it can get a little pricey.

Oh my a spreadsheet, LOL! Sounds like your die addiction is as big as my chipboard one.

[quote]
            Okay, I have a spreadsheet that I list all my die sets ( I have over 100 sets). The dies are store in DVD cases. My stamps are stored on stamp storage panel and are in cases. [url url=https://www.crafterscompanion.com/EZMount-Stamp-Storage_c_19.html]here[/url]. My matching dies and stamps are stored together in cases on panels, one side is magnetic. [url url=https://www.crafterscompanion.com/EZMagnetic-Storage-System_c_181.html]here[/url]. This works well for me, but it can get a little pricey.

Oh my a spreadsheet, LOL! Sounds like your die addiction is as big as my chipboard one.
            [/quote]

My die addiction is totally out of control. I need help. But I don't want any help because I can stop purchasing dies whenever I want to….I just don't want to stop. LOL

I don't have that many dies because I have a Cameo die cutting machine, so I mostly use that. For my stamps, they are in 2 drawers of my Scrapbox Wokbox – one drawer holds mounted stamps and the other unmounted. I have a three eing binder with white cardstock in it and I stamp the images on the pages, labeling with their manufacturer and name. Pretty cheap, and I just flip through the book to see if I have anything I want to use.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Stamps on the Clip It Up, wood mounted on one of those storage shelves from M's. Wafer dies are in a Art Bin storage container, the Sizzix ones are on a lazy Susan type unit that I bought some time ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.