Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Starsailer

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have been lookiing for her in the forums and haven't seen her in awhile. Does anyone know if she is on vacation and ok?

Snagg1
      Send PM

She's been here peeking in and out. Her work schedule maybe keeping her away.

So sweet of you to check. 🙂

Yup, work is busy. I have been doing overtime and extra days. Lately, I almost never get home before 9pm. My day starts at 5:55 when my alarm goes off. It makes for a very long day. We have a lot of people out at work. Pneumonia, car accidents, work related injuries, mateity leave, sick kids in the hospital, husbands in the critical care unit…And we have had a few people leave. It has been hellabusy for those of us left behind on our unit. We are scrambling to cover the shortage. Then on my days off, I have been driving to Orlando with Gabbie trying to find an apartment for her. Today I am resting…And doing some scrapping. Sunday I am having a house full of company for a family get together. The first one since my MIL passed. Our 6 month mouing period is almost over. Time for the family to get together.
      Kathy, when I am at work, we are no longer permitted to access the inteet. It is a violation and people are being dealt with accordingly. I myself have had to let 1 person go for repeated violations. Not fun. I will not put my job in jeopardy. There is ZERO tolerance at the moment. The inteet police IS watching. We went to a meeting a couple of months ago so that the managers are familiar with the program that tracks the offenders. Every one logs on with their own security code. The IT department can see what you are doing when you are logged in. If your on the inteet they know…Nope..Not worth my job. I can use my phone to access the inteet. But I really don't have time when I am at work. I don't know if you are familiar with working at a Top 100 Magnet Hospital..It isn't easy. Very rewarding, but not easy. The standards they set are very high. And those of us who value our jobs, stick to the rules.
      So thank you for your conce. Life for me is very busy at the moment. Family has always taken priority in my life, but more so now that my FIL is with us, I have taken on more responsibility. We have 3 homes that I need to keep up with now. Ours, the one my BIL rents from us and the one my FIL left us that we have friends renting.
      Although I am not the oldest, the honor of Matriarch has been bestowed upon me…Why me?? I have no clue..It just happened that way I guess. Being a nurse may have something to do with it. Not sure. I help when it's needed. That's all…

I'm so sorry to hear all this, Lisa.
      I hope things get better.

Thanks. Life at home is wonderful…Great things for everyone here. We are all happy at the moment. But My work family is having the worst luck. There is big black cloud hanging over my unit at the moment. Scary stuff. I just pray for them and share the extra work load with my fellow team members who are able.
      We had the outside of our house painted over this past week and it looks beautiful. So we are taking the house painter out to dinner tonight as a little bonus. He did a terrific job!! I love it!! We built the house 8 years ago, but the Florida sun beat the hell out of the original paint. I wanted a change anyway. I love it! I'll take a pic later when the its not 100 degrees out. The sky is soooo blue from the hurricane pulling all the clouds away. It is hot but gorgeous outside today!

Like Camilla, I'm so sorry Lisa, to hear all this.
      Big hugs to you!!

Wow, Lisa! You have been super busy! So great that Gabbie got the job at Disney and will be so much closer! Take care of you and try not to get wo out!

Thank you girlies. I am fine, just a little tired that's all. I was feeling a little overwhelmed for a little while, but it will get better. I need more scrappy time!!!

so sorry to hear that your time is stretched sooooo thin!! luckily you are young enough to do it all right now, but make sure you don't spread yourself too thin!
      hope grandpa CAKE is doing well living with you guys, and that Gabbie finds suitable living quarters soon, so you can have the fun of moving her in and decorating ;)

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Lisa, please say hi to Grandpa CAKE and also hi to Gabbie, I hope she's settled in Orlando soon.

I am familiar with the Magnet program; the hospital where my DH stayed was a participant. From the point of view of a consumer: very high standards, very well met, the nurses were incredible, not just to the patients but to their families. And they, too, were stretched thin… I do bless them and you for you service.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry that life has you running in circles. Hopefully things will start to settle soon…we miss you

Glad to hear from you. Sorry things are so crazy., I think you are the matriach because folks can see your respsonibility. I am sending you a PM.

You have been missed for sure! I'm glad that you are not so overwhelmed right now. Sounds like you are just as busy, but have managed to take it in stride!

My sweet Mom was a nurse ALL her life. Being a dedicated nurse is just in your blood. You never stop from caring about people and being the Go to person in life. Glad things are better….not perfect…but better. Missing your flower tuts! Hope life slows down just a tad so you can create more soon!

You have been missed for sure! I'm glad that you are not so overwhelmed right now. Sounds like you are just as busy, but have managed to take it in stride!

My sweet Mom was a nurse ALL her life. Being a dedicated nurse is just in your blood. You never stop from caring about people and being the Go to person in life. Glad things are better….not perfect…but better. Missing your flower tuts! Hope life slows down just a tad so you can create more soon!

Ditto! It's in your blood Queen Tut! But remember..life's too short, you gotta sit back and smell the roses every once in a while. ;)
          Miss you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.