Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges Stop the Hoarding Challenge

This topic contains 221 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I am a hoarder! I buy scrap items that I just have to have- I will die without them! Then, I put them in a box or with the rest of my stash, and there they stay. I don’t use the most beautiful embellishments and papers because I love them so much, and I’m afraid if I do, I might not have it for the perfect page at some point. I say, “ENOUGH”! I need to start using these cherished items. So, I have decided that I will pick out 5 things that I am hoarding every month and use them.
      Here they are:

[img:width=600&height=590]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1289011543_16_FT0_img_2730_.jpg[/img]

I bought the stick pen and the flower ring from Angelica’s etsy shop months ago; the piece of paper and rub-on are some of the things I bought on my first trip to my lss over two years; and the bicycle I had to have when I saw Robin do a layout with probably over a year ago. I will use all of these things by November 30th.
      Does anyone else want to join me in challenging yourself to use your most prized scrappy goodness? No prize or winner, except for the satisfaction that you are using what you buy. Take a pic of your stuff you want to use and post it, then show us your work when you use it by November 30th.

What a great idea Rae will have to have a look and see what I have

Oh and I can't wait to see what you do with these gorgeous stuff

awesome! great idea!

AWESOME IDEA!!!!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Great idea Rae! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Wouldn't it be funny if the Hoarding Challenge made people want to the hoard the things that everyone posts!! LOL OK, back to my coffee :P

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh, Rae, this hurts!!!!! Good idea, though, I'm going to see what I can come up with…

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Great idea Rae! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Wouldn't it be funny if the Hoarding Challenge made people want to the hoard the things that everyone posts!! LOL OK, back to my coffee :P

I'm sure that will happen! That's usually why I go shopping for these special items because other ladies have them!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Oh, Rae, this hurts!!!!! Good idea, though, I'm going to see what I can come up with…

LOL! It hurts? Come on, Peggy! You know you have a reserve of wonderful things that you want to use!

I will try, Rae! It is a great idea! I am a horrible scrapbooking hoarder! I always have the have the newest, prettiest stuff and then don't use it! I can go back YEARS! Great challenge! Now if I can just find some time in between hunters, doctors appts. and jury duty! I think the talk of jury duty a couple of weeks ago jinxed me! I got called for the first time ever!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

[quote]

LOL! It hurts? Come on, Peggy! You know you have a reserve of wonderful things that you want to use!
                [/quote]

I obviously have a reserve of wonderful things that I don't want to use, lol.
                And ditto about things seen on LOs becoming mooost haves, I've pretty much gotten over that with pp and embellies. I'm afraid that I've tued into a die hoooowa 🙁 (

I don't hoard! I just ummm…..savor….yeah, that's it!!

🙂

Really though, I don't purposefully NOT use stuff or save it, I try to find the best thing for whatever it is I am working on!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

🙂

Really though, I don't purposefully NOT use stuff or save it, I try to find the best thing for whatever it is I am working on!

I wish I was like that. :p

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

[quote]
                    [quote]

[/quote]

I obviously have a reserve of wonderful things that I don't want to use, lol.
                    And ditto about things seen on LOs becoming mooost haves, I've pretty much gotten over that with pp and embellies. I'm afraid that I've tued into a die hoooowa 🙁 (
                    [/quote]

LOL! I do love dies too! I don't have that many, but I covet many.
                    What I do have a lot of, and I really should use them is mini-albums and altered pieces. The last time I counted, I had over 20 albums/ boxes/ frames, etc. that are waiting to be used.

[quote]

🙂

I wish I was like that. :p
                    [/quote]

Well, I do run out of stuff pretty fast…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.