Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Storing Swirly Layouts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Now that I'm piling up all of this Swirly goodness on my layouts, I'm having a time slipping them into my post-bound albums – too much bulk! Any ideas for layout storage? I can't hang ALL of them on my walls! ;)

Snagg1
      Send PM

D-Ring albums all the way. Those are the only albums that fit my chunky pages.

However, I don't have a lot of shelf storage so for the time being I have been using the shipping boxes my kits come in and putting my pages in there until I can get some more shelving.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

D-Rings, D-Rings, D-Rings!!!!!!!
        I've been clearing off shelf space myself, using my living room bookshelves. I've filled two shelves, and am about 1/3 of the way through the next level. It's actually taken me quite a few years to do that, so I'm sticking with that method.
        A lot of members use the plastic Iris containers http://www.michaels.com/Iris-Storage-Containers/sb0929,default,pd.html?start=43&cgid=products-scrapbooking-storage and simply lay them flat in those. They're pretty reasonably priced, especially with coupons…

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I find depending on how you scrap the d-ring aren't large enough. I tendto scrap travel so I have been putting them in protectors on a 3 ring and hanging them

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I use D-rings. But right now I have them stored in moving boxes/

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

D-rings for me too…

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I use big filing tupperware. I then put my pages in page protectors and hang them inside the filing tubs. 🙂

American Crafts D-rings for me too. I also have 18 shadow boxes (9 on each side of a hallway with 12 foot ceilings) to display the latest ones I create. I bought the bare wooden frames ay Michaels for about $10 each and my hubby stained them to match the hardwood floors. Not bad for about $200 including the stain 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Yes, I use the D rings too, they seem the best for bulky layouts.

Thanks for all of the good info, ladies!!! Sounds like some D-ring albums are in my future, along with more 12×12 frames and Iris boxes! 🙂

American Crafts D-rings for me too. I also have 18 shadow boxes (9 on each side of a hallway with 12 foot ceilings) to display the latest ones I create. I bought the bare wooden frames ay Michaels for about $10 each and my hubby stained them to match the hardwood floors. Not bad for about $200 including the stain 🙂

What a great idea! I may borrow this, it would be so cool to have lo's of the girls and the grandkids changed out over time when they come home. They would never know what would be up next…so cool!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.