Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Swirly getaway***12/13 update***

This topic contains 279 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Calling all scrappers!! I am aware that there are a bunch of you who would love to attend camp but for various reasons cannot. I would like to put together a small retreat for 6-8 gals here in Michigan at this wonderful little cottage that is fully equipped for a weekend crop. It's not posh or fancy but the beds are clean and comfy, there are 2 full bathrooms, and there is enough cropping space for everyone.

The cost for lodging for 6 is $78 Per person. That's Thursday night Friday night Saturday night and Sunday til 3.

Food is extra. I'm thinking about $45 per person for food for the 4 days but this is just an estimate.

THIS IS NOT SWIRLY CAMP! So there will be no goody bags or guest designers like what Krissy provides…but I may provide a super fun project/class/make and take if you would like.

So….January 16-20 here in Michigan for $123 all inclusive.

****List of Attendees***
      1. Andie
      2. Kim
      3. Erin
      4. Peggy
      5. Meenu
      6. Laquette

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I am. I can't commit yet though. I have to see what our family schedule looks like. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

That may be doable for me. I get back to you.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Totally interested, let's see what I can work out.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

wahoo!! I'll post here as soon as she gets back to me on availability.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

We have confirmation…the cottage is available!!!

I need at least 5 gals to tell me yes…I'll invoice ya through paypal for $20 as a reservation because I have to pay the full amount when I call to reserve it. Then you can just pay me the balance when we get there.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Ohh sounds like fun!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

sounds interesting but Michigan in January are you trying to freeze me to death????

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

sounds interesting but Michigan in January are you trying to freeze me to death????

That's part of the JOY. 🙂

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

[quote]

That's part of the JOY. 🙂
                        [/quote]

You're joy maybe. Remember I own nothing but shorts and sandles!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I ENVY you. I went grocery shopping this moing and I had to wear a coat.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

I envy you! It is 100 here today…we are sizzling!

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I want to sizzle. 🙂 I'm snuggled in a blanket on the couch with Elijah right now.

Makes me wish I lived in Michigan!

Krissy
                              Krissy
                              Swirly Admin
                                Send PM

Ok…Let me explain how this works:

In Michigan our 4 seasons are

Almost Winter
                                Winter
                                Still Winter
                                Road Construction

Now during road construction season you might have a few sunny days (with enough humidity to choke a camel) so during those days you don't want to be stuck inside even if you are stuck inside doing something that you love…like scrapbooking. Those bright sunny days are so rare that you set the scrapping aside and run and frolic in the grass (and swat at mosquitos) and sing like Julie Andrews.

However…in Winter…it can snow and sleet and blizard and outside is the most beautiful winter wonderland with ice crystals hanging off the trees like God's oaments made just for you. The snow gleams in the freezing sunlight and sparkles and dazzles. And while all this is going on outside you are inside snuggled in for 4 straight days of scrapping…where you wouldn't be caught dead outside anyway cuz it's too damn cold!

This, my dears, is why I much prefer retreats in the Michigan winter vs. the sunny road construction season.

So…buck up Kathi…get some pants…and haul your lil tushy up here in January! For Heaven's sake…I have a coat you can borrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.