Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books The Gargoyle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

by Andrew Davidson

Totally incredible book!!!!!! READ IT!

Snagg1
        Send PM

what's it about?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

totally hard to explain but here is a brief synopsis i found online πŸ™‚

The Gargoyle follows two different time lines, one in the form of a story [or β€˜memory’], and one in real time. In real time, an unnamed atheist and former po star with a troubled childhood is driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. Hallucinating that a volley of arrows is being shot at him from a forest, he swerves off the road and into a ravine. There his car sets alight, and he begins to bu. Just as he thinks he will die, the car tips into a creek and he survives, though badly bued. While recovering, the Bued Man becomes addicted to morphine and believes there is now a snake in his spine. Hatching a suicide plan, he gets a visitor named Marianne Engel, who is a sculptress suspected of having Manic Depression or Schizophrenia. Humoring her at first as she believes she knew him several hundred years prior, they soon begin a friendship/ relationship, and he moves in with her. Throughout, Marianne reveals their β€˜past’, and tells tales of love and hope, inspiring the Bued Man to live.

it is soooo good!!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It does sound interesting!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.